Hustler Raptor SD Zero turn drive belt problems

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Hustler Raptor SD Zero turn drive belt problems

Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:56 pm

This is an FYI for anyone who owns a Hustler zero turn. I purchased a 54" in May of 2018 and it's been a workhorse but they do have problems with the hydro transmissions mounting hardware. I have 179 hours on it already and the only problems I've had was the tranny brackets breaking.

In 2019 the cross brace bracket broke, I called the dealer and they picked it up and got it replaced with a new heavy duty bracket. I'm glad they recognized the problem and made a better bracket. If you have a Hustler I recommend contacting the dealer and have it replaced, it's a free upgrade.
Hustler Cross Brace.JPG
This week the drive belt came off again and then broke after putting it back on a few times. I started researching and found it's common for the hydro mounting bolts to loosen and break. I jacked up the mower to check all of the bolts and found the left side hydro bolt loose and it also broke of the tab that it bolts to. I called the dealer and they'll pick it up Monday and get it replaced. I searched the part number and also found that it was also made better so once again if you have a Hustler you need to get those replaced before warranty runs out. The good news is they come with a 3 year warranty and I also purchased and additional 2 years of coverage.

Here's the rear mounting brackets and part numbers.
Hustler Frame.JPG
Hustler Frame Partslist.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

Return to “Garden Tools and Equipment.”