Hemp topic?

Hemp, Cotton, Jute, Flax, Kenaf, Bamboo etc
zeuspaul
Reactions:

Re: Hemp topic?

Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:07 am

It looks like the Biden administration might accomplish what is long overdue. Reclassify to schedule III! Hopefully he won't get much resistance from the other side. It makes you wonder what the last and previous administrations were doing. And there are still people who want to return to the last guy! who had infrastructure week for how many weeks ? months? years? Biden got it done. Many can't see his accomplishments. What do we want a carnival barker, braggard -- or someone who can get things done for the working class or someone who got tax cuts for the rich and who wants more of the same.

cannabisexpert
Reactions:

Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

Hemp, a versatile plant, offers sustainable solutions for textiles, paper, and biofuels. Its cultivation promotes environmental conservation and economic growth, contributing to a greener future for generations to come.

Tormato
Reactions:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 am

It almost appears to be an AI constructed post.

Seven Bends
Reactions:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:23 am

Tormato wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 am It almost appears to be an AI constructed post.
Agreed. Am wondering if we will be treated to them once a month for eternity.

bower
Reactions:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:29 pm

Aha... I thought the dreamy textbook style was somebody puffing the you-know-what. :roll:
"immense promise across various industries" evidently lawyers??? are the industry of choice. I didn't actually click on the links but I think I'll delete those just now.
I haven't experienced AI before but a close look says this is certainly spam, thanks for pointing out.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:15 pm

@cannabisexpert any thoughts on this?
US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift, AP sources say

ZEKE MILLER, JOSHUA GOODMAN, JIM MUSTIAN and LINDSAY WHITEHURST
Tue, April 30, 2024 at 10:04 AM PDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will move to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug, The Associated Press has learned, a historic shift to generations of American drug policy that could have wide ripple effects across the country.

The DEA’s proposal, which still must be reviewed by the White House Office of Management and Budget, would recognize the medical uses of cannabis and acknowledge it has less potential for abuse than some of the nation’s most dangerous drugs. However, it would not legalize marijuana outright for recreational use.

The agency’s move, confirmed to the AP on Tuesday by five people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive regulatory review, clears the last significant regulatory hurdle before the agency’s biggest policy change in more than 50 years can take effect.

Once OMB signs off, the DEA will take public comment on the plan to move marijuana from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids, following a recommendation from the federal Health and Human Services Department. After the public-comment period the agency would publish the final rule.

It comes after President Joe Biden called for a review of federal marijuana law in October 2022 and moved to pardon thousands of Americans convicted federally of simple possession of the drug. He has also called on governors and local leaders to take similar steps to erase marijuana convictions.

“Criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities,” Biden said in December. “Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.”

<snip>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-drug-cont ... 58916.html

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 pm

zeuspaul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:15 pm @cannabisexpert any thoughts on this?
US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift, AP sources say

ZEKE MILLER, JOSHUA GOODMAN, JIM MUSTIAN and LINDSAY WHITEHURST
Tue, April 30, 2024 at 10:04 AM PDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will move to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug, The Associated Press has learned, a historic shift to generations of American drug policy that could have wide ripple effects across the country.

The DEA’s proposal, which still must be reviewed by the White House Office of Management and Budget, would recognize the medical uses of cannabis and acknowledge it has less potential for abuse than some of the nation’s most dangerous drugs. However, it would not legalize marijuana outright for recreational use.

The agency’s move, confirmed to the AP on Tuesday by five people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive regulatory review, clears the last significant regulatory hurdle before the agency’s biggest policy change in more than 50 years can take effect.

Once OMB signs off, the DEA will take public comment on the plan to move marijuana from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids, following a recommendation from the federal Health and Human Services Department. After the public-comment period the agency would publish the final rule.

It comes after President Joe Biden called for a review of federal marijuana law in October 2022 and moved to pardon thousands of Americans convicted federally of simple possession of the drug. He has also called on governors and local leaders to take similar steps to erase marijuana convictions.

“Criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities,” Biden said in December. “Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.”

<snip>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-drug-cont ... 58916.html
I'm sorry but they are no longer able to answer.
~ Patti ~

bower
Reactions:

Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 pm

"Somebody mistook me for an AI" .... will this be the complaint of the future? Ah... probably not. ;)
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

worth1
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 5:54 am

Something to consider when you buy your next bag of weed.
I personally don't think anyone in their right mind should mess with this stuff anymore.
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/fentany ... ady-rimijo
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Kurt
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 am

More the reason to grow your own.All the medical weed dispensary’s”Wellness Centers” have the actual chemical breakdowns if you want to know,this is for all thier products.You don’t wanna know.

worth1
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 am

I think there has been over 70 fentanyl overdoses in the last couple of weeks in Austin.
No way on earth would I get anything other than what I grew myself.
Worth

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 12:33 pm

Don't buy anything off the street. Buy labeled organic from a legitimate dispensary or grow your own.

worth1
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 12:51 pm

zeuspaul wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:33 pm Don't buy anything off the street. Buy labeled organic from a legitimate dispensary or grow your own.
Well we don't have the dispensaries yet.
Not with what we have running our state
And you already know how our AG is.
And I can't find seeds even if I wanted to grow my own.
Texas had an aggregate weight law on marijuana plants.
This means they could weigh the root ball if they wanted.
Worth

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 pm

Fentanyl contamination would only occur if the two were stored together in the same container or processed on the same table or equipment. Anyone dealing fentanyl is a dirt bag, so buying weed from dirt bags is to be avoided.

Dispensary products vary in quality, depending on the state and how much testing they require. Vapes are the worst.

Seeds themselves are legal as hemp in all 50 states, as explicitly stated by the DEA. Anyone here is welcome to some free samples of my seeds if they want them.

worth1
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm

Cole_Robbie wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 pm Fentanyl contamination would only occur if the two were stored together in the same container or processed on the same table or equipment. Anyone dealing fentanyl is a dirt bag, so buying weed from dirt bags is to be avoided.

Dispensary products vary in quality, depending on the state and how much testing they require. Vapes are the worst.

Seeds themselves are legal as hemp in all 50 states, as explicitly stated by the DEA. Anyone here is welcome to some free samples of my seeds if they want them.
I've always thought that if you burned the stuff it would destroy it.
And it doesn't make sense to lace weed with fentanyl.
Lord only knows what these reporters will put out.
But that doesn't matter.
There's other stuff they can put on marijuana as well that is harmful.
Like smoking pesticides.
These people selling this stuff don't care about anyone but themselves.
What's that crazy new weed that's going around?
Well this one is called Hot Shot and the other is called Raid.
I'll take the Hot Shot.
Worth

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 2:46 pm

worth1 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm
Cole_Robbie wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 pm Fentanyl contamination would only occur if the two were stored together in the same container or processed on the same table or equipment. Anyone dealing fentanyl is a dirt bag, so buying weed from dirt bags is to be avoided.

I've always thought that if you burned the stuff it would destroy it.
And it doesn't make sense to lace weed with fentanyl.
Lord only knows what these reporters will put out.
But that doesn't matter.
There's other stuff they can put on marijuana as well that is harmful.
Like smoking pesticides.
These people selling this stuff don't care about anyone but themselves.
What's that crazy new weed that's going around?
Well this one is called Hot Shot and the other is called Raid.
I'll take the Hot Shot.
That's part of what makes vapes so unhealthy. It's an extract/concentrate, and anything undesirable also gets extracted and concentrated in the end product. Vapes are insanely profitable, in part because they are made from leaf trash and low grade flower. That's why companies want to sell them so badly. Plus, inhaling 250 degree air can't be that good for the lungs and throat. In 20 or 30 years, we will start to see the long term effects of vaping.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 3:57 pm

Vaping shouldn't be confused with dry herb vaping. Vaporizing the herb involves no concentrates. It uses the same herb as one uses in a joint or pipe. Combusting as in smoking releases more harmful components than vaporizing at lower temps.
Some cannabinoids begin to activate at as low as 120 °F like CBN, or 320 °F for THC, all the way to 428 °F for CBC, but all of these begin burning away at temperatures higher than 450.

By using a lighter to ignite your cannabis, the most common smoking tool, you can expect temperatures of at least 600 °F or higher. The fact is you can still activate cannabinoids in flower using a flame but a portion of those will be lost to the higher combustion temperatures. That goes for concentrates as well.

Vaping allows for a reduction of the harmful carcinogen called Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons or PAH’s. This chemical compound is found in all types of smoke as a byproduct from burning material.

The idea behind vaping is that you are heating your cannabis at a lower temperature to activate the cannabinoids without spoiling them, thus maintaining quality and decreasing health risks.

https://cannabisspacecoast.com/2020/10/ ... %20useless.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Seeds are easy to get through U.S. mail. North Atlantic Seed Company a woman owned Co in Maine. ILGM a Dutch Co that ships from the U.S.

****Growing, possessing or using not recommended in an illegal state.****

Kurt
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 7:24 pm

Anyways we have a actual grow monster warehouse by Curaleaf.They have growing,packaging of flower,kief etc.Down the street is a bar where the employees have lunch.I asked the guys about the actual growing regimen,I.e. what they do to “enhance” the product before final flush and drying etc.The other products are not processed down here.

Kurt
Reactions:

Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

He said it is proprietary info he does not know

Return to “Growing Fiber Crops”