Hemp topic?

Hemp, Cotton, Jute, Flax, Kenaf, Bamboo etc
Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Re: Hemp topic?

Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:58 pm

If you spray a female plant with colloidal silver, it will grow pollen sacs, and that is how feminized seed is made. The pollen produced lacks the y chromosome to make a male. 1 in about 10,000 will still express as a male, even lacking that y chromosome.

(idk why the pic is sideways. It isnt if you open the attachment)
20221226_182829_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:27 pm

@Cole_Robbie I have one seed that came from a feminized plant. Is there any reason to believe it is feminized? or 50 50 male or female?

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Bower wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:00 pm Good to know @zeuspaul that curing process didn't seem to affect the quality.
I am sure it affected something I just don't know what. Likely the quality could have been better. It was good enough :)

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:44 pm

zeuspaul wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:27 pm @Cole_Robbie I have one seed that came from a feminized plant. Is there any reason to believe it is feminized? or 50 50 male or female?
It's a hermie seed. You can grow it out and try it. The famous strain Gorilla Glue came from a hermie. You never know what you will find.

worth1
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 am

You can also get feminised seeds by natural selection but its going to take awhile.
Ever so often you will get a female to put out a few pollen buds the so called hermaphrodite.
Almost all of that pollen will be XX.
They've obviously came a long way with different hybrids and cultivars but the basics are still the same.
@Bower
Hashish in Texas any amount will get you an instant felony in Texas.
I have no idea why but probably the people that made the law had and have no idea what it is or how it's made.
I'll bet $100 I could go over to my neighbors house and ask him and he would have no clue.
He's the same age as me.
Also as to growing your own in Texas.
If they find out and confiscate it they weight in agregate.
Meaning roots stems and all.
This doesn't happen all the time but they can.
This is why I'm all for jury nullification.
No mater the amount or the evidence the jury can find you not guilty.
Or at least hang it.
It's the one thing we have in our laws that allows the people to fight back against unjust laws.
If more people knew this and used it the odds are they couldn't get a connection and change the laws in Texas.
The federal government is still doing nothing but lip service.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

bower
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:37 am

@worth1 that would explain why pot became so much more popular - lesser penalties if you got caught.
In this case it is seriously a crazy difference in the law. The hash is not more potent or different in any way except its consistent predictable quality and effects, vs the who knows what variability in raw weed. Which to my mind is far more hazardous to the user.
Only goes to show, the ignorance of the people who made the laws.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

worth1
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:40 am

Bower wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:37 am @worth1 that would explain why pot became so much more popular - lesser penalties if you got caught.
In this case it is seriously a crazy difference in the law. The hash is not more potent or different in any way except its consistent predictable quality and effects, vs the who knows what variability in raw weed. Which to my mind is far more hazardous to the user.
Only goes to show, the ignorance of the people who made the laws.
What I hear all the time is people can't buy any kind of gun not even a squirrel gun with a felony conviction.
Others will say he's a convected felon.
Sounds horrible like they're some sort of wild animal that can't be trusted.
Can't get a job or anything.
These people in my opinion are either idiots or simply Don't care.
They likely have no idea just what can get you charged with a felony.
Just think about it a small wee pinch of hashish smaller than a match head can get you charged with a felony.
But that ain't all.
That's when the plea bargains come in for a lesser charge and all the money starts rolling in.
Probation drug classes rehab fines lawyers and so on.
I know so many really good people that did this just to keep that felony conviction and prison time off their record.
It's frigging legal blackmail and I'm very ticked off about it.
But I never hear any of the pro legalize Marijuana people talk about it.
They keep pounding on the medical benefits.
Do they care or do they even know how the machine works?
Back when I was in my early 20s I bought from people 60 years old that were upstanding business people in town.
Not hippie drug dealers without a job.
Nobody knew how or where I got my weed and I wouldn't tell them.
Worth

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:16 pm

First impressions

Two thumbs up for dry herb vaporizing and thumbs up for the XVAPE XLUX Roffu dry herb convection vaporizer ( I paid about $140). There are a lot of these to choose from. The PAX 3 is popular and is compatible with dry herbs AND concentrates. The Roffu is strictly dry herbs (weed in its natural state).

Overall vaporizing was a very positive experience. I tried it without going to the restroom and opening a window and turning on the exhaust fan. My better half had been out of the room but when she returned she did not know that I had *smoked* (vaped).

The Roffu seemed a little intimidating at first. The tiny manual was hard to read. But in the end after charging for a couple of hours it was about as simple as turning it on. The defaults were good. 356° F and a three minute session. A session is the amount of time before it turns itself off. I can change it to a six minute session. It is very easy to turn it back on so I think I will leave it at three minutes. It was simple to change the temperature, just arrow up or arrow down on one of the few buttons on the side of the unit. I bumped it up to 360°F. No coughing, just a light vapor with some aroma. I took a few more hits than I do with a pipe. The end result was the same but getting to the end result was a more pleasant experience.

It has a quality feel. The mouth piece is comfortable. It was easy to remove the magnetic mouth piece to fill the tiny chamber that holds the weed. The convection vaporizers prefer coarse ground weed. The conduction vaporizers prefer a fine grind. I have a grinder that someone gave me a couple of years ago. Now I am looking at grinders. Some suggest a grinder with a kief screen. Kief is (I think) pollen or trichomes? or almost dust? It may have more THC but the fine stuff isn't good for convection. You can save the kief to sprinkle on top of weed in combustion pipe or perhaps a conduction vaporizer.

It comes with a tiny grinder, a charging USB cable, no charger, and a nice pouch and a few other things. I wish it came with a charger. I checked the specs and my better half's cell phone charger is good. (5V 1 amp I think) I have since ordered a charger and a spare battery. This stuff keeps adding up!

I don't see why I need anything else. But the Arizer XQ2 Vaporizer desktop/plugin is in the mail so I will have another toy to play with.

worth1
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:58 pm

Okay now that you have a good buzz on watch a pink panther movie.
The old ones not the stupid new ones.
Worth

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:22 pm

Tincture vs edible vs concentrate

A supposedly healthier way than smoking or vaping is using edibles or tinctures. Concentrates are variuos forms of THC that are smoked or vaped.

A few years ago I first heated some leaves in the oven to *x* temperature then mixed with coconut oil and then made some tea. I didn't like the result. The affect comes on very slowly. To my surprise I got very (too) high. I thought the leaves didn't have much THC! I never tried it again. I have read many similar complaints. It is difficult to dose properly with this way of consuming.

I am not into concentrates. The stuff today already seems concentrated.

Then there are tinctures. A while ago I read something about alcohol and faster affects. Now this guy seems to confirm that.

Tincture by definition means a substance soaked in grain alcohol. Cannabis Tincture hits fast in only a few seconds or minutes as the alcohol carrying the Cannabinoids is rapidly absorbed in oral and stomach tissues.

Edible oil takes a longer route through the stomach and eventually to the Liver where it undergoes transformation from Delta-9-THC (inhaled and tinctures) into the stronger 11-Hydroxy-THC. This conversion takes from 45 minutes (Coconut oil) to 2 hours or longer (all other cooking oils).

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/hel ... t-26018141

I am currently not considering tinctures but I will keep them in the back of my mind. For now I will stick with vaping which is healthier than smoking. I am not wild about adding another possibly involved step to consuming weed.

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:27 pm

When I made cbd oil tinctures, I used the 99 brand of schnapps, named for being 99 proof. 99 bananas is their most common, but they have a lot of flavors.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:42 am

How to Make Hash from Kief out Your Grinder

With its extra potency, kief makes an excellent bowl topper. But hash is even better, and if you’ve ever wanted to make good use of your kief, the first step is learning how to collect it. You’ll need is a good grinder capable of collecting copious amounts of kief, but once you have that, the process is super straightforward. Here’s a complete breakdown on collecting and storing kief and how you can make it into hash or shatter from the comfort of your home.

What is the best grinder for collecting kief?

To make hash, you’ll need to collect a lot of kief. Kief builds up at the bottom of your stash jars after a long time, but if you want to expedite the process, you’ll want to invest in a good grinder. The best grinders for collecting kief are 4-chamber grinders with a kief collector. The first two chambers contain the actual grinding elements, and the third will catch your ground flower. The final chamber is fitted with a fine mesh screen that separates all the delicious kiefy goodness from the buds into its own section for easy collection and storage. 4-chamber grinders are the easiest way to make kief.

Does kief get you higher than flower?

Kief is a concentrated form of cannabis flower as it contains nothing but the THC-laden trichomes from the buds. While regular buds check in around 12-25% THC, kief is concentrated and contains up to 70% THC. With that in mind, kief makes you higher than flower since you’ll get stronger effects from smaller amounts of material. When you press kief into hash, it becomes a more easily accessible and dabbable concentrate than kief alone, which can be messy. However, it still checks in around 70% THC, making both kief and hash stronger than flower alone — on par with other concentrates.

How do you press kief at home?

Once you have plenty of kief, you’re ready to make hash. There are a few materials you’ll need to get started, but usually you already have them lying around your house. Below is a step-by-step guide to making hash at home.

<snip>

https://yodabbadabba.com/dabbing-resour ... r-grinder/

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:08 am

CAN YOU USE KIEF IN A DRY HERB VAPORIZER?

Dry herb vaporizers are very proficient in providing the user with a means for gently heating up dry herb material without combustion. Unlike smoking, dry herb vaping uses no flame of any kind to produce vapor. Kief is usually smoked and is collected as a dry sift inside grinders and through means. Mesh screens are used to produce kief in larger quantities, though the means to convert this into usable material remains the same. This article will detail how you can use kief in a vaporizer.

by: Anthony E. | 06/02/22 6:30AM

What Is Kief?

Kief is the dried trichome heads that have fallen off the stalks, which are collected and used to traditionally smoke. It is considered a dry herb concentrate of cannabis and one of the oldest forms of a cannabis concentrate. Most people use grinders to mince and chop their cannabis into a crumbly consistency.

In the process, kief is collected as it falls through a metal screen and accumulates on the bottom most chamber of the grinder. Over time, this material can take on a pale green to golden color and is scooped up and placed on the top of material that has already been ground up and ready to smoke. Kief is usually very sticky when it encounters a warm surface, such as your fingers.

<snip>

How is Kief Collected?

<snip>

Smaller grinders collect kief much more quickly and usually come with a small scooper just for the occasion. The best grinders will feature a rounded bottom with no edges, making scooping most ideal and less prone to wastage. Kief can also be collected when cannabis buds and trim are frozen and processed through ice water.

<snip>

Most people are only familiar with smoking kief, and not vaping it. Fortunately, there are ways to vape kief without having to resort to burning it.

Ways to Vaporize Kief

Most users top off their dry herbs in a bowl or sprinkle some inside a joint prior to lighting up. This is the most common way to consume kief. One of the most overlooked methods for using kief is through a vaporizer. In fact, any vaporizer that can accommodate dry herbs will be able to utilize kief. It is all a matter of knowing how to prepare it.

You will still need to use dry herbs for this to work, and you want to start out by filling your vape’s chamber with dry herbs first. Once you are about halfway full, put in enough kief to where you can still layer more dry herbs on top of it. You essentially want to create a sandwich of dry herbs, kief, and more dry herbs.

This will ensure that the kief itself stays in place and does not get sucked into your mouth or go down into the heating unit or other components of your vape. Kief is very fine, almost like dust. It is denser and pairs well with dry herbs, though care must be taken not to fill up a vape chamber or even a pipe with just kief, as this will certainly result in no vapor whatsoever.

<snip>

Final Thoughts

Using kief in a dry herb vaporizer is one of the best ways to use kief. Burning and smoking kief in the same manner will also work, though you will lose much more kief by smoking it this way. You are better off getting the most out of it by gently heating it up and getting vapor instead of smoke. When it comes to the vaporizer itself, if it is dry herb compatible, there should be no issues.

<snip>

https://nyvapeshop.com/blog/can-you-use ... vaporizer/

Kurt
Reactions:

Re:Bags of ice,strainers,and a good washing machine.

Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:12 am

Try bubble hash.Take all your trims,including leaves,put in washing machine with ice sealed in bags.Agitate,strain up to four times with gradually finer meshes.Scrape off on last mesh,dry,we keep ours in fridge.Basically kief /hash made another way.Up to 70/80 on the scale.65 dineros per gram at the medical marihuana dispensary’s.A rice grain size in a nice glass setup will get you there.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:58 pm

Inspired by @Bower I decided to try a light buzz daytime use instead of my usual evening high (about once every five days). I set the temperature to a low 330°F and took a single mid-day toke. Placed the Roffu in my pocket and took another one about two hours later. And then once again a couple of hours later. It was a different experience than a more substantial high. Kind of a light continuous altered state. There was no coming down as I experience with the evening stronger high.

The only downside was I liked it and am not looking for a way to use more weed. I am not interested in giving up the evening high. Maybe try this less frequently than the evening high. I have to set my limits.

Lightly toasted (325-350°F / 163-177°C)

THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis has a boiling point of 315° F (157° C). You don’t want to go much lower than 325° F (163° C), especially if you want to really feel something. Low temps might appeal to you if you want the best flavor from your bud. It produces a fresh taste, with citrusy and/or piney undertones.

The vapor will also be much cooler, and less harsh on the throat, so you probably won’t cough as much. The possible side effects like paranoia, red eyes and cotton mouth will be less severe. If you’re a wake and baker, low temp vaping can give you the feeling you want, without burning you out for the day. This is also the ideal setting for newcomers and lightweights who don’t want to get too intoxicated.

Light euphoria, calming, invigorating
Intense terpene flavor, fresh, citrusy, piney
Cooler vapor, less coughing
Decreased side effects (lethargy, anxiety, red eyes, dry mouth etc.)
Best suited for newcomers, lightweights or flavor chasers
Better suited for getting chores done
Terpenes: A-pinene, β-caryophyllene, β-myrcene, d-limonene, citronellol
Cannabinoids: Δ8THC, Δ9THC, CBD, CBG, CBC, THCa, CBDa

Half baked (350-400°F / 177-204°C)
This is a safe place to start while you’re still experimenting with marijuana or legal CBD cannabis. In this range, you still get

<snip>
https://vaping360.com/learn/optimal-tem ... your%20bud.

bower
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:16 am

zeuspaul, I think the vape you're using with dry weed is the best kind. I have tried that once, and there was no coughing or unpleasant sensation. OTOH I've tried the nicotine replacement vapes with the liquid and found that the cheap ones are too hot and burn your lungs. I did buy a better one but in the end wasn't satisfied that it was a plus for my lung health. I still smoke tobacco and I roll my own with filters and a manual rolling machine. When I smoke pot, I just crumble a little into a cigarette. The ordinary cig filter seems to do the job on the 'coughing' or lung irritation of pot, completely. I never cough or experience pain when smoking. If I did, I would drop it. It isn't a side effect I think anyone should tolerate, because obviously you're doing some immediate harm.
For unpleasant side effects, well I usually need a drink of water, but that's okay. Some pot seems to give me a drop in blood sugar - I know I've read science that says the opposite, but since a small piece of chocolate is the antidote for the dizzy/disoriented feeling, it sure seems like blood sugar drop to me. I don't think I've ever had 'the munchies'. I do think people are different, we have to learn our own biochemical do's and don'ts.
If I smoke in the daytime it's usually for one of two purposes. Either it's a work day, and I want the benefit of better fine motor control, or there's a housekeeping mess that I have to tackle, which it helps immensely. Even with work, if I have a draw then more often than not it drives me to tidy and organize my work space first, which does have its own benefits. We jokingly call it the drug of housework, because it makes me notice things that need to be done and tackle them methodically and with infinite patience. My son says we both have ADHD, which I think is probably true. Pot helps me to initiate and complete tasks that might otherwise be blocked from my consciousness.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

worth1
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:37 am

Worths 10 step drug program.

Step 1 get up brew coffee have a cigarette and feed the critters.
Step 2 smoke a joint and turn music up loud.
Step 3 make breakfast sausage biscuits bacon eggs pancakes and so on.
Step 4 smoke an after breakfast joint and have a beer.
Step 5 get on motorcycle and ride around town, cash unemployment check and go to the store.
Steo 6 seriously consider looking for a job tomorrow.
Step 7 stop off and get a hamburger.
Step 8 go home burn one and take a nap.
Step 9 get up to answer the door only to see your hippie friends showed up with some good weed and burn one.
Step 10 start the grill turn on more loud music and cook steaks cook shrimp and make 5 gallons of trashcan punch then eat and crash out for the day with a bunch of hippies laying around the house.
Repeat the next day.
Worth

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:35 pm

I don't know the specifics of the terminology. Vape pens vs dry herb vaporizers? I have no interest in vaporizing the concentrates. The concentrates are made with extraction processes which introduce additional ingredients considered by many to be harmful. When I asked my son about vaping weed he told me to stay away from that because it is not good for you. He wasn't aware of the dry herb vaporizers.

You may want to avoid these ingredients in cannabis oil vape cartridges

Jacqueline Havelka
Published on July 31, 2017 • Last updated September 27, 2021

By now, you’ve probably seen or tried firsthand a vaporizer with an oil cartridge. These portable vaporizers are becoming increasingly popular as they’re easy to dose and operate. Visiting a dispensary, you’ll notice different brands made with different strains, solvents, and additives. Which ingredients are safe, and which ones should be avoided?

Burning cannabis oils can produce some of the same free radicals that are formed when you burn cannabis or tobacco, which is why people have turned to vaporizing (vaping). Vaporizing means that cannabis is heated without combustion. Active ingredients are released by the heat into a fine-mist vapor. Since combustion does not occur, smoke is not created.

People who vape cannabis perceive vaping to be safer and less harmful to their health than smoking. Cannabis vaporizers are specifically designed for inhalation without harmful smoke toxins, but how safe are materials being inhaled?

Harmful agents to avoid in cannabis oil

When vaporized, cannabis oils are frequently mixed with thinning agents for better performance in a vaporizing device. However,
<snip>

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cann ... s-to-avoid

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:04 pm

Dry Herb vs. Oil Vapes - The Top Differences & Tips for Use!

The Differences Between Vape Pens vs. Vaporizers
Mar 24, 2022

Choosing between dry herb vs oil vapes can become quite the dilemma. With both cannabis flower and oil vapes readily available for legal purchase, coast-to-coast - it’s a hard decision to make. Especially considering consumers’ budgets may only allow for one vs the other.

So, what are some of the key differences between dry herb and oil vaporizers to help you decide which is right for you? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know, plus how to pack a dry herb vaporizer pen for utmost success.

How Are Dry Herb Vaporizers and Oil Vape Pens Similar?

Even though dry herb and oil vape pens vaporize different materials, they share some similarities. Here are some of these traits and characteristics:

Rechargeable - Both dry herb vaporizers and oil vaporizers are rechargeable, and often come with the option to buy multiple batteries to never be left without.
Easy to Use - Most dry herb vaporizers and oil vape pens have a simple design that heats up and delivers puffs of vapor with just one click.
Discreet & portable - Dry herb vaporizers and oil vapes typically have a compact, handheld design that can fit in pockets for discreet on-the-go use.
Most dry herb and oil vapes have temperature controls - To fine-tune your flavor, and experience, most dry herb and oil vaporizers have temperature controls.

Of course, while they may share some functions - dry herb vs oil vape pens differ, too. We’ll explain how, next.

How Are Dry Herb Vaporizers and Oil Vape Pens Similar?

How Dry Herb Vaporizers and Oil Vape Pens Differ
Below are the top ways dry herb vaporizers are different from oil vapes.

Battery life - For the most part, consumers use dry herb vaporizers more frequently than oil vapes. That means battery duration is typically longer with oil vapes vs dry herb vaporizer. Luckily, both can be easily recharged and usually quickly.
Loading chambers vary - Oil vape pens tend to be more difficult to pack with concentrate or oils vs dry herb vaporizer. That’s because flower material is less sticky, and dry herb bowls are usually wider and easier to access.
Flower vs oil - The most obvious difference between dry herb vs oil vape devices, is that one vaporizes cannabis flower and the other vaporizes cannabis oil or extracts. The one that works best for you, will depend on your personal preference, and tolerance for potency.
Cartridge capability - Many oil vape devices can heat up vape cartridges, as well as work as a ‘dab pen’ or vaporizer for concentrates. On the other hand, the majority of dry herb vaporizers are only equipped for flower material. Luckily, innovative dry herb vaporizer brands have now designed accessory ‘stones’ that can be placed into the chamber for concentrate use and increased versatility.

Now that you know the similarities and differences between dry herb vs oil vapes, let’s dive deeper into best practices for use.

How To Pack A Dry Herb Vaporizer

If you’ve decided to invest in a dry herb vaporizer for its unique benefits, then you’ll have to learn how to pack it, to enjoy it to the fullest. Below, we’ve summarized how to
<snip>

https://thefirefly.com/blogs/news/dry-h ... %20potency.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:02 pm

I think this is a better read.

DRY HERB VAPORIZER VS. OIL VAPE PEN - THE ULTIMATE GUIDE

Using a Dry Herb Vape vs an Oil Vaporizer is very different from each other. From the vape tanks to the batteries and controls, we break it all down here in this easy to read post.

by: Chelsea O. | 01/03/20 6:30AM

Two of the most common choices for vaping are dry herb vaporizers and oil vape pens. Both offer their own unique advantages for users. At first glance, you may notice the many similarities between dry herb vaporizers and oil vape pens. However, there are also some very distinct and crucial differences between the two devices. To understand these similarities and differences between dry herb and oil vapes, here is a small breakdown.

The Similarities

1.Designed to Vaporize – At their core, both dry herb and oil vapes consist of

<snip>

https://nyvapeshop.com/blog/dry-herb-va ... ate-guide/

Return to “Growing Fiber Crops”