IT'S TIME-for the CAROLYN MALE TRIBUTE-details

HL2601
Reactions:

IT'S TIME-for the CAROLYN MALE TRIBUTE-details

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:56 pm

It is OCTOBER, and our gardens are winding down. I just wanted to remind everyone to get their seeds, saved, dried, packaged and sent out.

Below are the details once again. PM me with questions. I will be posting below as I receive pkgs. Let the fun begin!

*The "hopeful best scenario" deadline for sending seeds is Nov 1 2020.
Seeds will be distributed sometime in January 2021.

*Please send seeds in small plastic bags and label each with the variety, date and CAROLYN MALE TRIBUTE. Add a short description and your name and too, if you like. Here is a link to bags I have used before and like for those new to swaps. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Pack at least 5 seeds in each bag.

*Please include a list of 20 varieties you would most desire to receive in order of preference. Make sure your name, your screen name here and your address are on that list. I will do my best to get you what you ask for and possibly more too, depending on participation.

* For postage- if you want 15 or fewer varieties, please include a legal sized envelope with 2 stamps. If you want more than that please include 3-4 stamps. For international friends, I will take care of postage.

* Please send your seeds, your list of requests with your name and your screen name and your self addressed stamped envelope/bubble mailer to:
He-ide -Do-lan
5_2_0_8 S. G-e-n-e-v-a St.
E_n_g_l_e_w_o_o_d, CO 8-0-1--11

*You don't have to grow and send seeds to participate. You do have to be a member of this board with at least 2 posts to request seeds. The goal is to get as many of Carolyn's favorite seeds out to the public as possible. If you would like to receive seeds, please send in your top 20 list and a stamped, self addressed envelope or small bubble mailer.

NOTE: I am open for suggestions if people want to change the number of seeds people can request. New growers may want more varieties; established growers may only be interested in more obscure ones. I started with the list of 20 but that can be flexible depending on how much is sent in. I will know more as they come in. Hopefully everyone will come away happy.

Everyone’s input is welcome if you feel I have forgotten anything. This is a group tribute!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!!
Cheers Carolyn!

EdieJ
Reactions:

Re: IT'S TIME-for the CAROLYN MALE TRIBUTE-details

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:07 am

I am looking forward to participating! Do we need to request varieties or can it be a surprise?
North Central AL (mountains)
Zone 7

HL2601
Reactions:

Re: IT'S TIME-for the CAROLYN MALE TRIBUTE-details

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:53 pm

If you want to include a list of your top 20, I will do my best to fill it. Of course it will really depend on what's sent in. If you do get varieties you already have, the goal would be to distribute them in her name to someone who may grow them :)

Return to “Heirloom Tomatoes - A Tribute to Carolyn J. Male”