Has anyone grown Cherokee Tiger Black or Moonlight Mile

Everything About Tomatoes
wykvlvr
Reactions:

Has anyone grown Cherokee Tiger Black or Moonlight Mile

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Okay this is all because of Lucinda... or rather someone who asked about it. I had to find the seeds but one never buys just ONE seed pocket. So I found these two that sounded interesting also.

Cherokee Tiger Black- From the Etsy seller this one has chartreuse foliage but I am finding conflicting information on size... Heritage Seed Company has something that could be it but calls it an indet. Croatian Seed Company uses the name I have and calls it a dwarf... Both mention the lime green/chartreuse foliage....

Moonlight Mile - I found this information so it probably will not be a good candidate for indoor growing but would love to hear from others about it. https://galacticmagicseeds.com/product/moonlight-mile/

And yes of course I got the seeds for Lucinda the determinate carrot leaf green striped tomato....
Wyoming
Zone 5
Elevation : 6,063 ft
Climate : semi-arid
Avg annual rainfall = 16 inches

root_grow
Reactions:

Re: Has anyone grown Cherokee Tiger Black or Moonlight Mile

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:54 pm

I grew Cherokee Tiger Black this year, and last winter found the same conflicting information. Mine turned out to be a determinate dwarf, and an amazing producer at that. Pretty chartreuse plants + pretty, abundant, delicious tomatoes. They gave 2 flushes of fruit a couple weeks apart. Not sure how tall they get because I failed to support my dwarfs & determinates in any way this year, but I think not that tall? On the more compact end of not-a-micro?

I saved a bunch of seed because it was so fun to grow and happy to share them, so no need to purchase :)

wykvlvr
Reactions:

Re: Has anyone grown Cherokee Tiger Black or Moonlight Mile

Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:12 pm

OH that is good to hear. Shockingly I got the seeds I had ordered within 3 day! I had bought the two listed as a way to fill up the envelope after buying the single packet of seed I really wanted... ie Lucinda a determinate, carrot leaf, striped green when ripe tomato.
Wyoming
Zone 5
Elevation : 6,063 ft
Climate : semi-arid
Avg annual rainfall = 16 inches

Return to “Tomato Talk”