Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing Master List tomatoes

This is a yearly group seed swap event hosted by Tormato.

Moderator: Tormato

Stitchingmom
Reactions:

Re: Master List tomatoes

Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:19 am

Tormato wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:55 pm
Lemonboy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:09 pm Yeah, but I'm happy with it. I made a few changes to my 25 because there were thing I wanted that were actually available. I'll be growing whatever shows up.

You know how it is. When life gives you lemons, grow the seeds and enjoy the trees. (And no, not a hint that I need Purple Calabash. ;) )

There's no Purple Calabash in the swap this year. Apparently, no one is brave enough to trial it. Now, if it were in the swap, I might have to start calling you Limeboy. I've heard the taste of PC described as a sour rotten lime. And no, I'm not calling you sour or rotten. I'm just substituting (editing) lime for lemon.
PC is on my wish list. Now I'm afraid. :?
SO GLAD to be back! I was locked out for about three months, for some strange reason. :shock:

Missed you all terribly! :cry:

NYTomatoNewbie
Reactions:

Re: Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing Master List tomatoes

Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm

Before I start drying and bagging perennial flowers seeds, are there any participants that would want to receive perennials in the MMMM swap? They generally need to be cold stratified in moist soil for 2-3 months at below 40F. If your winter does not get this cold, a refrigerator would work. I have natives and unusual perennials. I am in zone 6 and can mark on the baggies the hardiness of each seed. I just prefer not to assemble if no one is interested, but I am happy to do it if there is interest.

eyolf
Reactions:

Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:51 pm

I received too many seeds in the 2022 swap and held off growing many of them until this year.

The biggest surprise this year is Buzau 22. Far exceeded expectations and reported production. This is just one plant.
IMG_20230823_120702607~2.jpg
A bit late, but a definite repeat to fill fruit jars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissS
Reactions:

Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:33 pm

NYTomatoNewbie wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm Before I start drying and bagging perennial flowers seeds, are there any participants that would want to receive perennials in the MMMM swap? They generally need to be cold stratified in moist soil for 2-3 months at below 40F. If your winter does not get this cold, a refrigerator would work. I have natives and unusual perennials. I am in zone 6 and can mark on the baggies the hardiness of each seed. I just prefer not to assemble if no one is interested, but I am happy to do it if there is interest.
I always enjoy getting a few packs and I try to send in a few every year for those that also enjoy them.
~ Patti ~

colcol2
Reactions:

Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:21 pm

[/quote]

I always enjoy getting a few packs and I try to send in a few every year for those that also enjoy them.
[/quote]

Same here.

agee
Reactions:

Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:50 pm

NYTomatoNewbie wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm Before I start drying and bagging perennial flowers seeds, are there any participants that would want to receive perennials in the MMMM swap? They generally need to be cold stratified in moist soil for 2-3 months at below 40F. If your winter does not get this cold, a refrigerator would work. I have natives and unusual perennials. I am in zone 6 and can mark on the baggies the hardiness of each seed. I just prefer not to assemble if no one is interested, but I am happy to do it if there is interest.
I am interested, what are some of the perennials you may be offering?

I am in Georgia, Zone 7B/8A.

Tormato
Reactions:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:12 pm

agee wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:50 pm
I am interested, what are some of the perennials you may be offering?

I am in Georgia, Zone 7B/8A.
For now, NYTomatoNewbie's flower list can be found in the 2023/2024 wish list thread, post #86.

NYTomatoNewbie
Reactions:

Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:40 pm

Does anyone have a running list of potato leaf tomatoes? I know that you can search by it in Tatiana’s database. Just wondering if anyone has one I can expand without recreating the wheel.

Tormato
Reactions:

Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:26 pm

NYTomatoNewbie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:40 pm Does anyone have a running list of potato leaf tomatoes? I know that you can search by it in Tatiana’s database. Just wondering if anyone has one I can expand without recreating the wheel.
The subject may be better suited for the Tomato Talk forum. I know this thread gets plenty of views, I just don't know about getting answers, here.

And, Potato Leaf is one of the MMMM categories. So, if you're interested in a lot of PL varieties, put the category on your wish list, if you haven't already. ;)

Moth1992
Reactions:

Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:31 am

@Tormato I dont know which category takes precedence but fyi Brown Sugar is Korichnevyi Sakhar from Russia.

Tormato
Reactions:

Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Moth1992 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:31 am @Tormato I dont know which category takes precedence but fyi Brown Sugar is Korichnevyi Sakhar from Russia.
Sorry for the late response, as this is a thread that I rarely go to, unless updating the list. This year, the updates will have to come after the swap is over. :(

Your tomato can go in the Black (browns too, but not the antho blacks) or the Eastern European categories.

There's no info on leaf type, that I can find. If PL, there is a Potato Leaf category (although it would not make it this far, to this category).

It looks like a globe rather than a beefsteak. There are some large globes that look somewhat like beefsteaks, and some small beefsteaks that look somewhat like globes. I determine the difference by the interior. Slicing a tomato at the equator, a beefsteak will have a fairly solid interior with fairly small scattered locules (seed and gel compartments). A globe usually has about 3 to 6 large locules, with the flesh looking like spokes between the locules.

For the general purposes of the swap, I put it in the Black category which is more popular than the Eastern European category. Those who request black tomatoes will most likely receive it, over those who request EU varieties (with the exception of a few long time participants who specialize in EU varieties).

Moth1992
Reactions:

Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:30 pm

Tormato wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:43 pm
Moth1992 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:31 am @Tormato I dont know which category takes precedence but fyi Brown Sugar is Korichnevyi Sakhar from Russia.
Sorry for the late response, as this is a thread that I rarely go to, unless updating the list. This year, the updates will have to come after the swap is over. :(

Your tomato can go in the Black (browns too, but not the antho blacks) or the Eastern European categories.

There's no info on leaf type, that I can find. If PL, there is a Potato Leaf category (although it would not make it this far, to this category).

It looks like a globe rather than a beefsteak. There are some large globes that look somewhat like beefsteaks, and some small beefsteaks that look somewhat like globes. I determine the difference by the interior. Slicing a tomato at the equator, a beefsteak will have a fairly solid interior with fairly small scattered locules (seed and gel compartments). A globe usually has about 3 to 6 large locules, with the flesh looking like spokes between the locules.

For the general purposes of the swap, I put it in the Black category which is more popular than the Eastern European category. Those who request black tomatoes will most likely receive it, over those who request EU varieties (with the exception of a few long time participants who specialize in EU varieties).
Oh no need to respond, was just a note for you.

Its not potato leaf, and in my garden was like a golf ball sized round tomato.

ellalee2421
Reactions:

Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:20 am

Where can i find seeds for the professor plum in the dining room with a knife tomato? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

ellalee2421
Reactions:

Re: 2021 Master List tomatoes

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:43 am

Tormato wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:47 pm ITALIAN/PASTE/PLUM/CANNER/STUFFER

updated 12/1/22

Abbatista
Banana Legs
Blue Beech
Brokenbar's Costoluto Genovese
Buratino (1?)
Burning Spear
Costoluto Fiorentino
Costoluto Genovese
Cow's Tit
Cour di Bue
Cour di Bue Albenga (3)
Cuore de Toro
Cuorno des Andes/Andes Horn
Dachtyla Mynoa (1)
D'Amico ("makes some seriously awesome sauce")
Debbie's Ukrainian Plum (1)
Divine Maltese
Earnie's Plump
Federle (5)
Fiaschetto di Manduria (2 seeds)
Gail's Sweet Plum
Genuine Italian Potato Leaf
George Detsikas Italian Red
George O'Brien
Gilbertie Paste (4)
Goldman's Italian American
Guido (5)
Heidi
India Stripe
Inzir Rozovyi
Italian Gold (3)
Italian Heirloom
Jersey Devil
Jutland
Lady Fingers
Lampchen (2)
Ludmilla's Peach
Ludmilla's Red Plum
Marzano Fire
Matt D'Imperio (3 seeds)
Mrs Bot's Italian Giant
Mrs Maxwell's Big Italian
Nima Dorinei
Nistru (1)
Novogogoshary
Opalka
Orange Banana
Orange Icicle/Sosulka Oranzhevaya
Pantano Romanesco
Paprikar
Pertsevidnyi Rozovyi (4)
Pienello Vesuvio Giallo (1)
Pink Fang (1?)
PIsanello de Bruschetta
Pomodoro Cuore Antico di Acqui Terme
Pomodoro di Sorrento
Pomodoro "Sorrento" selection
Principe Borghese
Professor Plum In The Dining Room With The Knife (4)
Roma
Romeo
Rebecca Sebastian's Bull Bag (5)
Rio Fuego
Rocky
San Marzano
San Marzano Lampadina 2
San Marzano Redorte (3)
Santa Maria (5)
Speckled Roman
Striped Roman (1)
Sweet Tooth
Teton de Venus
Teton de Venus Blanc (1)
Uncle Steve's Italian Plum
Veepro (2)
Vera Pepper (4)
Yellow Fire
Where would I be able to find seeds for the professor plum in the dining room with a knife tomato?? Any help finding a source will be appreciated. Thank you!

Seven Bends
Reactions:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:03 pm

ellalee2421 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:20 am Where can i find seeds for the professor plum in the dining room with a knife tomato? Any help is appreciated. Thank you
You might get more eyes on this if you do it as a separate post in the "seeds wanted" sub-forum with the name of the tomato in the title. Also maybe introduce yourself to the group first in the "Introductions" forum.

Tormato
Reactions:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 pm

ellalee2421 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:20 am Where can i find seeds for the professor plum in the dining room with a knife tomato? Any help is appreciated. Thank you
As the host of the swap, and having the keys to the Orca (needing a bigger boat), I'm down to my last pack (5 seeds) of Professor Plum. This tomato has a very nice name to it, but it likely isn't even stable yet, being discovered only a few yeas ago, as something that grew out of Miss Scarlet In The Kitchen With The Knife (a relatively stable variety).

With one pack of seeds left, and about 20 swap participants' wish lists to fulfill, I don't know if any have requested it, until I look through their wish lists.

Maybe the participant that sent it in, to me, will see your request. Otherwise, you may have to wait a year. Unless this person has also sent out seeds to others, extremely few people have this tomato.

For now, I suggest looking through all of the Master List. If there are any varieties, there, that catch your eye, let me know.

ellalee2421
Reactions:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:06 pm

I understand. Thank you for getting back to me! Am also interested in the Miss Scarlett in the kitchen with a knife.

Tormato
Reactions:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:11 pm

ellalee2421 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:06 pm I understand. Thank you for getting back to me! Am also interested in the Miss Scarlett in the kitchen with a knife.
Well, you're lucky. I pulled the pack and looked closely. A couple of the seeds were two seeds stuck to each other, so there are more than 5. Right now, I can spare 3, and in the next few days, go through wish lists to see if there are more requests. Also, I think that I missed fulfilling one request because I had categorized PPITDRWTK in the wrong category, so I didn't find it at the time. I don't know if they'll miss it, or if I can find the person.

Why is it that I make the mistakes with the most rare and highly requested seeds?

Anyway, PM me a mailing address and a wish list, up to 25 varieties, by Saturday, and I should be able to mail them out on Monday.

ellalee2421
Reactions:

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:13 pm

I will try ti get that done tomorrow. Thank you so much for the generosity!! I am very grateful

TomatoNut95
Reactions:

Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Tormato wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:11 pm
ellalee2421 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:06 pm I understand. Thank you for getting back to me! Am also interested in the Miss Scarlett in the kitchen with a knife.

Anyway, PM me a mailing address and a wish list, up to 25 varieties, by Saturday, and I should be able to mail them out on Monday.

Wow, if I send you a wishlist do I get 25 varieties? :lol: I'm teasing but I have 3 microdwarfs I'm looking to rehome (Chibikko, Birdie Rouge, and Hahms Gelbe Topftomate) plus Kellogg's Breakfast, Yellow Pear, Roma VF and Amana Orange if anybody wants to enjoy them. I'm still looking for Portuguese Monster, Uncle Mark Bagby, Bill Bean or other cool stuff of the Delectation of Tomatoes like Thunder Creek, King Kong, Brutus Magnus, Lebanese of the Mountains...yeah, I'm a sucker for those giant slicers. :D Mainly because when I eat tomatoes its for sandwiches and burgers. Sometimes for salads. I want my 1 slice to cover the bread. But this year I'm looking to store up the meaty varieties to use in soup.
Anne

Return to “MMMM Swap”