Glitch's 2022 Glog

Glitch
Reactions:

Glitch's 2022 Glog

Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm

I received some seeds from @MissS for the giant tomato contest so time to start planning! I've been procrastinating a bit this year, but hey, Valentine's Day planning isn't bad.

I'm working with four raised beds, a random dirt patch I created and covered up last fall, some grow bags and some big tubs. One of the raised beds is already filled with garlic and shallots (not sure if I should have waited until spring to plant the shallots, but hey I guess I'll find out :lol:).

The dirt patch is going to be for flowers/a pollinator patch.

The red tubs are for sweet potatoes. I am going to grow my own slips this year. I wonder if it's already time to start? Better late than too early though in my opinion. I want to try to grow peanuts in a tub as well.

Besides the big tomatoes (Megamarv and Bigzarro), I want to grow paste tomatoes and slicers. I always grow one cherry tomato plant and regret it taking up the space, I think maybe this year I'll grow some micro varieties in pots for the few occasions I feel like I just have to have a cherry.

Lessons from last year: Rabbits will eat all your hopes and dreams, by mosquito season I will loath watering, I still don't know how to get around SVB, and my neighbors will never stop complaining about my yard.
Miniature enthusiast. USDA Zone 6A.

Glitch
Reactions:

Re: Glitch's 2022 Glog

Fri May 13, 2022 9:38 am

Oh boy. Thanks to some personal problems things really got ahead of me. My plant starts definitely got very tall and weak but all was not lost. I chopped the tips off the tomatoes and planted them in the hopes that some of them would root and I wouldn't have to start over. One of my bigzarro plants recovered quite well. Can't wait to get it into the ground. Maybe this weekend. It has the heart of a champion. :lol:
IMG_20220511_151840606.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Miniature enthusiast. USDA Zone 6A.

Return to “Grow Logs(Glogs) And Video Logs(Vlogs)”