Found Great Plant Stakes

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Found Great Plant Stakes

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:20 am

I was in Lowes the other day and while there looked for something to use as plant stakes for the micro toms. I have been using a few chopsticks which were a great recommendation by someone here but I need something a little more sturdy and sometimes taller. In the garden center they had 6' bamboo stakes, six to a pack for $5.68, which I can cut to any length I want and they won't rot.

They range from 1/4" to 3/8". I cut and used one to hold up that off-type 18" tall Mohamed micro and it's perfect!

Only yesterday I saw the little line "Made In China" at the bottom of the label. Now that I know what I need I will cut any further bamboo stakes like this from a friend's bamboo patch...American grown and FREE! :D

worth1
Reactions:

Re: Found Great Plant Stakes

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:27 am

Yeah, we have what is known by me as fishing pole bamboo growing wild on the side of several roads free for the taking.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Spike
Reactions:

Re: Found Great Plant Stakes

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:43 pm

GoDawgs wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:20 am 6' bamboo stakes, six to a pack for $5.68,
OMG I love those things!! I make teepees out of them for peas and pole beans!! The do last for years!
There is freedom waiting for you, On the breezes of the sky, And you ask 'What if I fall?' Oh but my darling, What if you fly?

Return to “Garden Tools and Equipment.”