Members Preferred Vendors for Tomato Seeds

Everything About Tomatoes
MissS
Reactions:

Re: Members Preferred Vendors for Tomato Seeds

Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:47 am

@Seven Bends thank you. I will try to contact them.
~ Patti ~

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:20 pm

RE: Victory Seeds - Somehow I used the correct link to their site but landed at their old web page. The order was placed and my $ was paid however since it was not through their working website they had no record of my orders. I gave them a copy of my bank transactions and they went searching for the orders. When they went to their old site they found them. They have now made it so that orders will not go through on the old website. I hope that they put up a notice for people that land there because you would never have a clue that the site is inactive. S

So all is good with Victoryseeds but if you can not place an order or log into your account you are on an inactive site and how you get to the new one is still a problem since they both have the same URL.
~ Patti ~

Seven Bends
Reactions:

Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:32 am

MissS wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:20 pm RE: Victory Seeds - Somehow I used the correct link to their site but landed at their old web page. The order was placed and my $ was paid however since it was not through their working website they had no record of my orders. I gave them a copy of my bank transactions and they went searching for the orders. When they went to their old site they found them. They have now made it so that orders will not go through on the old website. I hope that they put up a notice for people that land there because you would never have a clue that the site is inactive. S

So all is good with Victoryseeds but if you can not place an order or log into your account you are on an inactive site and how you get to the new one is still a problem since they both have the same URL.
So strange! I wonder how that could even happen. I just went to the site now and definitely arrived at the new one (Irving TX address, and text about now offering certain hybrids). Glad they got it sorted out for you.

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:19 pm

@Seven Bends the only way that they will truly fix it is to close down the other site. If someone uses a link from an old email, order or other old link they will end up at the old site. I used the link here in this thread. I have since modified it and it should now work properly for everyone here.
~ Patti ~

Toomanymatoes
Reactions:

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:21 pm

I was browsing some seed shops for a tomato variety (Cherokee Green Pear) and noticed this shop in Quebec, Canada - Semences des Artisans - that sells seeds for the most micro-tomatoes I have seen so far (at least to my recollection).

https://www.semencesdesartisans.ca/fr/c ... cro-naines

They are also one of the few vendors that offer smaller packs of 10 seeds for $2 CAD ($1.50 USD) and have some varieties that I do not see very often. I have ordered from them before.

They do ship to the USA.

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:33 pm

Toomanymatoes wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:21 pm I was browsing some seed shops for a tomato variety (Cherokee Green Pear) and noticed this shop in Quebec, Canada - Semences des Artisans - that sells seeds for the most micro-tomatoes I have seen so far (at least to my recollection).

https://www.semencesdesartisans.ca/fr/c ... cro-naines

They are also one of the few vendors that offer smaller packs of 10 seeds for $2 CAD ($1.50 USD) and have some varieties that I do not see very often. I have ordered from them before.

They do ship to the USA.
Thank you! I have added them to our Canadian Vendor list with a note that they ship to the USA.
~ Patti ~

AZGardener
Reactions:

Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:59 am

I'd like to add Quail Seeds to the list. I've placed a couple of orders with them, have had good germination. They are a small business and have some interesting varieties.
quailseeds.com

Kitazawa sold to True Leaf Market (trueleafmarket.com) They still have their own
category? at True Leaf so it's easy to find their seeds there.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

Danny
Reactions:

Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:17 pm

It appears the Quail Seeds have a lot of the Bountiful Garden stock and worked for the BG for a time.

Moth1992
Reactions:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:55 pm

Anyone know if Curtis from Reinassance farms is ok?

Emails and phone calls have not been answered in almost a year, he has disapeared from FB, youtube ( i really enjoyed his videos!) and his own blog.

Last year it took 3 weeks to get an order confirmation. But the seeds arrived perfectly. But my last order has gone 2 months with no life signs.

I hope he is ok, its concerning.

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:09 pm

Moth1992 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:55 pm Anyone know if Curtis from Reinassance farms is ok?

Emails and phone calls have not been answered in almost a year, he has disapeared from FB, youtube ( i really enjoyed his videos!) and his own blog.

Last year it took 3 weeks to get an order confirmation. But the seeds arrived perfectly. But my last order has gone 2 months with no life signs.

I placed an order with him last month. The seeds arrived in about 2 weeks. I agree that his email and phone have been ignored for well over a year. He does appear from time to time on FB so I assume that he is around still just not real active. I don't know what his operation is like but if he is a one man show then he is really stretched for time with growing and processing all of these varieties and then trying to fill orders. His service was much better years ago when he did not offer so many varieties of seeds.
~ Patti ~

Moth1992
Reactions:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:06 pm

MissS wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:09 pm
Moth1992 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:55 pm Anyone know if Curtis from Reinassance farms is ok?

I placed an order with him last month. The seeds arrived in about 2 weeks. I agree that his email and phone have been ignored for well over a year. He does appear from time to time on FB so I assume that he is around still just not real active. I don't know what his operation is like but if he is a one man show then he is really stretched for time with growing and processing all of these varieties and then trying to fill orders. His service was much better years ago when he did not offer so many varieties of seeds.
Huh, good to know at least he is still around and that you got an order! Maybe mine from september got misplaced or something, I emailed him but who knows if he is reading them or his mailbox is full. Im not counting on them so if they ever show up it will be a nice surprise.

Julianna
Reactions:

Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:31 am

Janiece died. I guess she had been ill and then died in November. She was a huge part of his operation.
-julianna
10a Monterey Bay
Lover of Fogust, tomatoes, flowers, and pumpkins

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:18 am

AZGardener wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:59 am Kitazawa sold to True Leaf Market (trueleafmarket.com) They still have their own
category? at True Leaf so it's easy to find their seeds there.
From a Kitazawa company update, https://kitazawaseed.com/pages/kitazawa ... any-update

After long and careful consideration, we decided to look for a new steward for the Kitazawa brand and line of unique Asian varieties, a company that can handle the daily activities and allow us to focus on the part of the business we love. We have decided to entrust the stewardship of Kitazawa to True Leaf Market who has proven their ability to keep many unique varieties in production and quickly get those seeds to customers across the nation. In addition, we were happy that two of the principals with the company have lived in different parts of Asia and have a real love and passion for Asian culture and cuisine. 

While the True Leaf Market team handles the day to day, we will continue to be ambassadors for the Kitazawa Brand. As ambassadors, we will continue to provide insights on new seed varieties, Asian food trends and marketing opportunities. Kitazawa Seed Company will be relocated into True Leaf Market’s larger facility in Salt Lake City, to enhance much needed seed handling and packaging improvements, shipping efficiency and a vigorous website. The intent is to ensure the continued availability of these important varieties and make buying Kitazawa branded seeds as seamless and efficient as possible so our customers will benefit from this change.

One big change I see is that shipping is no longer $9 for 1-18 packets of seed. It is now a flat $4.95 for orders under 11 oz of seed and under $45. Orders over $45 have free shipping.

pepperhead212
Reactions:

Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:49 pm

I also noticed that reduced shipping charges by Kitazawa after they were bought out. I had stopped buying from them for years, after they had jacked their shipping prices up. And the same with many others, as well.
Woodbury, NJ zone 7a/7b

Toomanymatoes
Reactions:

Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:35 pm

Lemonboy
Reactions:

Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:22 pm

Toomanymatoes wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:35 pm Anyone ever use either of these companies?

https://www.artisticgardens.com/index.asp
That first one shows Le Jardin as an alternate name. They've been around for a long time selling culinary seeds - herbs, shallots, garlic, and select vegetables. I used to order from them every year because there sample sized packs were usually enough seed for me and they were cheap. They didn't have online ordering last time I ordered. I suppose how useful that is depends on if the new arrangement is a partnership or a sale. The prices haven't gone up significantly and what's being offered is the same. I recommend the seed and the shallots. I don't think I ever ordered garlic though.
Last edited by Lemonboy on Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:53 am

I placed a second order with Curtis at Renaissance Farm on November 20. It is now December 17 and I just got a notice that the seeds are shipped. So yes there is quite the delay. I suggest that you place your order with him well before you intend to sow seed.
~ Patti ~

Stitchingmom
Reactions:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:25 am

Toomanymatoes wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:35 pm Anyone ever use either of these companies?

https://www.dollarseed.com/
I have bought from DollarSeed, and was happy with my order.
SO GLAD to be back! I was locked out for about three months, for some strange reason. :shock:

Missed you all terribly! :cry:

karstopography
Reactions:

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:00 am

Stitchingmom wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:25 am

https://www.dollarseed.com/
I have bought from DollarSeed, and was happy with my order.
Wow, 45 Cherokee Purple seeds for a dollar on the dollar seed site, everything seems to be a dollar. Shipping costs seem reasonable. Almost seems too good to be true. What’s the catch, wait a month or more to get your seeds? The seeds won’t germinate or something? They do have an extremely limited selection of tomato seeds, I count nine and only three of them I’d have any interest in growing, so maybe that’s the catch.
Zone 9b, located in the Columbia bottomlands, annual rainfall 46”

habitat-gardener
Reactions:

Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:29 pm

Just got confirmation that my Renaissance order from December 3 has been received and is being processed!

Return to “Tomato Talk”