Mycostop Biofungicide

karstopography
Reactions:

Mycostop Biofungicide

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:33 am

Anyone used this specifically for fusarium wilt? I noticed late in the year some of my peppers got all the signs of fusarium wilt. This Mycostop is supposed to be especially good on controlling fusarium. I’m looking for any feedback on this product to see if it might be effective on fungal diseases like fusarium.
Zone 9b, located in the Columbia bottomlands, annual rainfall 46”

Cranraspberry
Reactions:

Re: Mycostop Biofungicide

Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:19 pm

I found this AFTER a few of my plants had succumbed to the dreaded fusarium, and while it says it won’t help after the disease has set in I found that several of my plants seemed to perk up after it and made it to first frost. Next growing season I plan to go nuts with it - start by treating seeds, then seedlings, then regular applications throughout the season. Also growing mostly resistant hybrids this year because of fusarium PTSD!
Small community garden plot in zone 7 (DC area)

MissS
Reactions:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:23 pm

I will be using MycoStop this year for verticillium wilt. I also ordered Actinovate and I will compare them to see if they work or not. I did bleach my beds last fall, I will apply this as directed and we shall see what grows or not. I am hesitant to plant tomatoes in the beds but each bed will have at least one tomato plant. I will mostly be using the beds for spinach, lettuce, beans, beats and cucumbers. I won't be so heartbroken if these plants die.
~ Patti ~

Cranraspberry
Reactions:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am

Last season after inoculating seedlings I started with monthly applications and progressed to weekly as the season continued. Unfortunately I didn’t see a huge difference, but I also wasn’t as consistent as I should have been. This year I’ll be trying to stick to a weekly schedule all season long. I also add a bit of powder to the roots when potting up and transplanting seedlings.

MissS
Reactions:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm

@Cranraspberry Thanks for sharing your experience. Which product did you use and what condition were you trying to treat?
~ Patti ~

Cranraspberry
Reactions:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 pm

@MissS Mycostop, we have fusarium issues.

Return to “Diseases, Pests & Cures”