"New Posts" and "Unread Posts"

Seven Bends
Reactions:

"New Posts" and "Unread Posts"

Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:55 am

Has anyone else suddenly experienced a change in the way the "New Posts" button works? For a long time, that's been my go-to button for reading the board. Clicking on it would bring up all the threads that contained at least one post I hadn't read yet. As of this morning, it's not working that way anymore. Clicking the "New Posts" button seems to bring up all the threads that have been posted within the last several (12 maybe?) hours, regardless of whether I have read them or not.

I didn't change anything with my computer, browser,or TJ settings prior to this happening. After I noticed it this morning, I updated my browser (Firefox) to the most recent version, but that had no effect.

I can get the list of threads containing unread posts by clicking "Quick Links" and choosing "Unread Posts," but that's less convenient. It's not a big deal, but I'm wondering why it changed and whether there's a setting I can use to change it back. Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Tormato
Reactions:

Re: "New Posts" and "Unread Posts"

Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:18 am

I wouldn't know, as I rarely click on the new posts button.

I usually go to "your posts" because if I click on a thread, and don't respond, the thread doesn't disappear, later.

"New post" threads disappear, without a response, and can be difficult to find again.

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:27 am

It should be back to normal, I was playing in the back end trying to improve the site.
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:41 am

OK, NOW it's fixed. New posts is actually unread posts and I put the wrong link to that button.

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:01 pm

@Rajun Gardener If new posts is now Unread Posts then what is the unread posts button showing? As a moderator, I use the Unread Posts because I don't always have the time to look at everything each time I visit and I will come back later to see what I didn't get to. I would think that most people would look at the New Posts since their last visit because they have already looked at the threads that interest them and want to see what is new for them to see. Is there a difference between them now?
~ Patti ~

pepperhead212
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:07 pm

I always got "unread posts", when I clicked "new posts".
Woodbury, NJ zone 7a/7b

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:37 pm

MissS wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:01 pm @Rajun Gardener If new posts is now Unread Posts then what is the unread posts button showing? As a moderator, I use the Unread Posts because I don't always have the time to look at everything each time I visit and I will come back later to see what I didn't get to. I would think that most people would look at the New Posts since their last visit because they have already looked at the threads that interest them and want to see what is new for them to see. Is there a difference between them now?
The new post buttons in the navbar were added as a convenience so you can get to it with one click vs using the "Quick Links" dropdown then clicking your desired page. If you click the new posts in the quick links it shows even your last post and makes it confusing. It's the software and I'll try to find a fix but for now it's back to what it was.

worth1
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:16 pm

I blamed it on the Chinese balloons.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Return to “Suggestions/Complaints/Report Problems”