"Mystery of Nature"

Nico
Reactions:

"Mystery of Nature"

Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:52 am

Hello everyone and thank you in advance.
I am starting to germinate my tomato seeds, I am going to germinate Spanish heirloom tomatoes, my favorites for many years and only a few to test this year, searching among my seeds I have found an envelope that is labeled with the name of mystery of nature, I want to remember that someone recommended them to me because of their flavor and I am going to plant some. Has anyone grown this variety of tomato? Is it as good as they tell me?
Thank you and have a good weekend everyone.
Plants have, like animals, in the degree and almost in the form, the sensitivity, that essential attribute of life.

bower
Reactions:

Re: "Mystery of Nature"

Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:44 am

Hi Nico.
I wonder if this is the same variety which I got from Marina Russian, which the name translated as "Nature's Riddle" ?
That one is a bicolor beefsteak.
I'm sorry to say I didn't grow it yet, because it was probably too late for my short cold summers, so I can't comment on the flavor.
I'm looking forward to see the fruit when you grow it!
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

Nico
Reactions:

Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:59 am

mistery.jpg
Thank you for your answer.
I have no idea if it is the same seed that you tell me about, I know it is a bicolor, I paste some comments from the web:
Large size. One berry weighs on average from 300 to 500 g. There are specimens that weigh up to 1 kg. The color of the skin is yellow, with the upper part pink. Inside they are yellow-pink with more pink areas. There is no green spot at the base, but lighter spots may be present. The pulp is firm, but juicy. The berries are sweet on the palate, with a slight acidity and aroma of tomato. The shape is round, flattened on both sides. There is a pronounced rib at the base. There are many small chambers in tomatoes, more than 8. They contain a small number of seeds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plants have, like animals, in the degree and almost in the form, the sensitivity, that essential attribute of life.

Nico
Reactions:

Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:00 am

El sabor del azúcar fue premiado con altas cualidades gastronómicas. La pulpa es muy jugosa. Cuando se come fresco, se nota una agradable acidez. La corteza es delgada e invisible cuando se come.

Seven Bends
Reactions:

Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:28 am

I received seeds labeled "Nature's Riddle" in this year's MMMM and did some research on them. The Russian name is Zagadka Prirody. If you put that in Google translate, you get an English translation of "Mystery of Nature." If you put "Nature's Riddle" or "Riddle of Nature" in Google translate and translate English to Russian, you get Zagadka Prirody. So I believe Mystery of Nature and Nature's Riddle would be the same tomato. (Interestingly, if you put Mystery of Nature in Google translate and translate English to Russian, you get Tayna Prirody, so maybe Nature's Riddle is a slightly better translation than Mystery of Nature.)

Here's the info I collected about this tomato, mostly paraphrased, not exact quotes:
Andrey: Siberian. indeterminate regular leaf plant was loaded with such big fruits of nice gold/orange-pink colors. 4-5 fruits per a truss. Taste is not bland at all; sweet with a bit of acid. I had my first fruit late in the season (on 97th day after transplant), but it was worth waiting indeed.
Delectation of Tomatoes: Large, orange-red bicolor fruits, variable shapes. Excellent, sweet flavor is stronger than most bi-colors. Very productive.
TomatoGalaxy: 400-500g Russian.
Vertiloom: 300g irregular beef, firm & juicy, excellent flavor, sweet w/ exotic fruit aromas, midseason, very good production.
Renaissance Farms: 85D. medium sized, red and yellow bi-color, slicing tomato. Sweet and slightly fruity, this one is not in the mold of most red and yellows, in that it’s milder and not up- front. This makes it good selection for those liking less acidic fruits. Vines produce plenty of 10 ounce fruits, are hardy and have shown good resistance to diseases.

Nico
Reactions:

Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:59 am

Seven Bends wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:28 am I received seeds labeled "Nature's Riddle" in this year's MMMM and did some research on them. The Russian name is Zagadka Prirody. If you put that in Google translate, you get an English translation of "Mystery of Nature." If you put "Nature's Riddle" or "Riddle of Nature" in Google translate and translate English to Russian, you get Zagadka Prirody. So I believe Mystery of Nature and Nature's Riddle would be the same tomato. (Interestingly, if you put Mystery of Nature in Google translate and translate English to Russian, you get Tayna Prirody, so maybe Nature's Riddle is a slightly better translation than Mystery of Nature.)

Here's the info I collected about this tomato, mostly paraphrased, not exact quotes:
Andrey: Siberian. indeterminate regular leaf plant was loaded with such big fruits of nice gold/orange-pink colors. 4-5 fruits per a truss. Taste is not bland at all; sweet with a bit of acid. I had my first fruit late in the season (on 97th day after transplant), but it was worth waiting indeed.
Delectation of Tomatoes: Large, orange-red bicolor fruits, variable shapes. Excellent, sweet flavor is stronger than most bi-colors. Very productive.
TomatoGalaxy: 400-500g Russian.
Vertiloom: 300g irregular beef, firm & juicy, excellent flavor, sweet w/ exotic fruit aromas, midseason, very good production.
Renaissance Farms: 85D. medium sized, red and yellow bi-color, slicing tomato. Sweet and slightly fruity, this one is not in the mold of most red and yellows, in that it’s milder and not up- front. This makes it good selection for those liking less acidic fruits. Vines produce plenty of 10 ounce fruits, are hardy and have shown good resistance to diseases.
Thank you very much for your answer, I think everything is well clarified, the only thing missing is someone who has cultivated it

Seven Bends
Reactions:

Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Nico wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:59 am
Seven Bends wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:28 am
Thank you very much for your answer, I think everything is well clarified, the only thing missing is someone who has cultivated it
The "Andrey" I mentioned is @Andrey from here and TVille. Maybe he will chime in with more feedback.

Return to “Seed Starting”