Having issues with the Site

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Having issues with the Site

Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi,

I sent a PM to another user several days ago. Nothing ever showed up in in my "Sent" folder, so I'm assuming the PM never went out. I'm almost certain I hit the "Submit" button on the message, but I am not 100% certain. So I decided to use the "Contact Us" to ask about it. I did that a few days ago, and still have never received a reply to that inquiry. That makes me think that request never went out, as well.

I am reluctant to send another PM until I know my first one never went out. I don't want to seem like a stalker, if the receiver just didn't want to answer my question.

I know this is still a new page (which I love and really appreciate). Is anyone else having issues sending PMs or using the Contact Us function?

Thanks!

Lee

pondgardener
Reactions:
Location: 30 miles southeast of the Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado

Re: Having issues with the Site

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:36 pm

[mention]wxcrawler[/mention]
When you click "submit", you should get a preview of the message you are trying to send, and if you are satisfied with it, then hit "submit" again. If you don't hit submit again and go back to the forum, your message is not sent and is lost. If you have previewed a message first, then hitting "submit" will send the message.
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of life you have lived.

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Thank you, George!

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm

I just checked and did receive your email, Sorry I missed it. I had to change my notifications down due to so many notifications and I'm sure you just slipped through the cracks.

I know they were working on the servers a few days last week and that might be the problem. When you send a PM, you'll see it in your Outbox till they open it up. For the time being, it's best to send a message using the Full Editor. Sometimes the messages don't work correctly using the quick reply box.

Thanks for understanding and YES, we're new to this software and things will get better. I'm always looking for new toys and better ways.
Rob
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you, Rob! And thank you for all your work with this forum.

I just resent a PM. It went out as expected after submitting this time, and shows up in my "Outbox". I probably just tried the first time when there were temporary issues.

Lee

Return to “Suggestions, Support & Tutorials”