Having issues with the Site

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Having issues with the Site

Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi,

I sent a PM to another user several days ago. Nothing ever showed up in in my "Sent" folder, so I'm assuming the PM never went out. I'm almost certain I hit the "Submit" button on the message, but I am not 100% certain. So I decided to use the "Contact Us" to ask about it. I did that a few days ago, and still have never received a reply to that inquiry. That makes me think that request never went out, as well.

I am reluctant to send another PM until I know my first one never went out. I don't want to seem like a stalker, if the receiver just didn't want to answer my question.

I know this is still a new page (which I love and really appreciate). Is anyone else having issues sending PMs or using the Contact Us function?

Thanks!

Lee

pondgardener
Reactions:
Location: 30 miles southeast of the Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado

Re: Having issues with the Site

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:36 pm

[mention]wxcrawler[/mention]
When you click "submit", you should get a preview of the message you are trying to send, and if you are satisfied with it, then hit "submit" again. If you don't hit submit again and go back to the forum, your message is not sent and is lost. If you have previewed a message first, then hitting "submit" will send the message.
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of life you have lived.

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Thank you, George!

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm

I just checked and did receive your email, Sorry I missed it. I had to change my notifications down due to so many notifications and I'm sure you just slipped through the cracks.

I know they were working on the servers a few days last week and that might be the problem. When you send a PM, you'll see it in your Outbox till they open it up. For the time being, it's best to send a message using the Full Editor. Sometimes the messages don't work correctly using the quick reply box.

Thanks for understanding and YES, we're new to this software and things will get better. I'm always looking for new toys and better ways.
Rob
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you, Rob! And thank you for all your work with this forum.

I just resent a PM. It went out as expected after submitting this time, and shows up in my "Outbox". I probably just tried the first time when there were temporary issues.

Lee

MrBig46
Reactions:

Tue May 07, 2024 12:12 pm

I got a private message. When I open it, it looks like the screenshot. I need some advice on how to reply to that message.
Vladimír

pondgardener
Reactions:

Tue May 07, 2024 2:33 pm

@MrBig46 There should be a box that says 'Send Reply' just above the new message on the left that you can click on and a new screen should pop up that says 'compose message' with the recipient listed. But if you still can't reply to the member, click on their avatar and there should be an option to send a private message.

MrBig46 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:12 pm I got a private message. When I open it, it looks like the screenshot. I need some advice on how to reply to that message.
Vladimír
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of life you have lived.

JRinPA
Reactions:

Tue May 07, 2024 4:04 pm

I just test stalked wxcrawler. When I hit send, it shows it sitting in my Outbox. When wxcrawler logs on to the PMs on their end, my end will transfer from my Outbox to my Sent.

The receiver has to at least look in the PMs, and perhaps click on the message, for it to change from Outbox to Send on my end. I'm not sure which though.

Hope that helps.

JRinPA
Reactions:

Tue May 07, 2024 4:10 pm

MrBig46 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:12 pm I got a private message. When I open it, it looks like the screenshot. I need some advice on how to reply to that message.
Vladimír
Yes that top left button should reply.
top left button is reply.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrBig46
Reactions:

Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 am

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me send the message. I think I succeeded. Speaking of which PM, it was a request to send seeds of the Start F1 hybrid tomato that Robert (RJGlew) and I were offering. This request reminded me that I have several hundred (perhaps a thousand) seeds of this variety lying around in my seed box without any use. I'm thinking about what to do with them and it occurred to me that I would send them to Tormat, who could offer them in this year's MMMM (of course if he agrees). I will try to bag them 20 seeds each and send it by airmail. Why airmail? I sent MissS the Fred Hempel seeds by regular mail two months ago and they still haven't arrived today. I sent the Costolutto Genovese Brokenbar seeds by airmail a fortnight ago and they have been there for a few days now. For each envelope I have to fill out a declaration for customs, I usually write a birthday card.
Vladimír

MissS
Reactions:

Thu May 09, 2024 11:22 am

MrBig46 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 am Thanks to everyone who tried to help me send the message. I think I succeeded. Speaking of which PM, it was a request to send seeds of the Start F1 hybrid tomato that Robert (RJGlew) and I were offering. This request reminded me that I have several hundred (perhaps a thousand) seeds of this variety lying around in my seed box without any use. I'm thinking about what to do with them and it occurred to me that I would send them to Tormat, who could offer them in this year's MMMM (of course if he agrees). I will try to bag them 20 seeds each and send it by airmail. Why airmail? I sent MissS the Fred Hempel seeds by regular mail two months ago and they still haven't arrived today. I sent the Costolutto Genovese Brokenbar seeds by airmail a fortnight ago and they have been there for a few days now. For each envelope I have to fill out a declaration for customs, I usually write a birthday card.
Vladimír
Vladimir, I think that the problem was that you declared the package a 'gift'. They want to know the specific item enclosed. Since it wasn't declared they must have opened it to find out. :( :( :(
~ Patti ~

pondgardener
Reactions:

Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm

@MrBig46 If Tormato doesn't want the Start F1 hybrid tomato seeds, I would gladly take them. That has become my wife's favorite tomato and RJGlew sent me some more last year and I am just about out.

Return to “Suggestions, Support & Tutorials”