Free Chip Drop

Rockporter
Reactions:
Location: South Texas Coastal Bend Zone 9a with high winds and heat and humidity to boot!

Free Chip Drop

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:13 pm

Has anyone heard of this? I just stumbled upon it and got a good laugh when I watched the video. Free chips for your garden delivered right to you, without notice, and they drop it right into your driveway, lol. This would be good for those who use chips for all the garden pathways, and bedding I suppose. There is no way I cold take such a huge load of chips, lol.

https://getchipdrop.com/for-gardeners/
In the spring at the end of the day you should smell like dirt.
~Margaret Atwood~

Still my favorite quote! :lol: :P :D :)

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Free Chip Drop

Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:27 pm

We have it here but I have been hesitant to use it because you never know how much you will be getting. There have been reports of some people saying that they came home to find 3- 4 truck loads had been dumped in their driveway. I like to know how much and when my woodchips are coming so that I can plan on moving them.
~ Patti ~

DriftlessRoots
Reactions:

Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:06 am

That video was an educational riot. When I had some tree trimming done back at the old place years ago I asked the guys if they could dump the whole truckload and they were more than happy. I was just establishing new planting beds and the four or so yards I got were just the right amount, if a little "rough"
A nature, gardening and food enthusiast externalizing the inner monologue.🍅

Rockporter
Reactions:
Location: South Texas Coastal Bend Zone 9a with high winds and heat and humidity to boot!

Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:18 pm

Here is an informational video from someone who gets wood chips regularly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2IGRw4MBcE
In the spring at the end of the day you should smell like dirt.
~Margaret Atwood~

Still my favorite quote! :lol: :P :D :)

davood
Reactions:

Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:17 am

I have used Chipdrop a few times, usually in the spring. The first year no one responded; in subsequent years I've had no problem getting a load of chips within a couple of days of posting. Keep the instructions for driver as simple as possible as they are probably looking for easy drops. One year I requested chips when it was wet outside and had been raining for a few days, and the truck left very deep tire tracks in my lawn. Lesson learned, request chips when dry outside if expecting them to dump somewhere on your grass.

Return to “Sales/Bargains/Coupons/Promo Codes”