Nora Pepper

Discussion and tips for growing all types of peppers
Docmom
Reactions:

Nora Pepper

Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:40 am

I'm new to this site. I have been exclusively involved in the MMMM tomato trade group this season. But, I came across a vendor selling seeds for a Spanish variety called "Nora Peppers" that look delicious, and my daughter's name is Nora. A helpful poster from MMMM suggested I post here.Has anyone grown these, or have information re season length, productivity, disease resistance, etc? Thanks for any insights.

Martha

karstopography
Reactions:

Re: Nora Pepper

Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:50 am

I have not grown it, but your interest in the Nora Pepper led me to research the pepper and the pepper sounds intriguing which led me to order some Nora seeds.

https://www.seedwise.com/listing/494/nora-pepper

The vendor in the link above lists it at 60-75 days to maturity and just over two feet tall.

I would almost bet money someone here on Tomato Junction has grown Nora and will have some valuable insights.
Zone 9b, located in the Columbia bottomlands, annual rainfall 46”

Moth1992
Reactions:

Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:01 am

I havent grown so cant help in that regards but I use dried ones for cooking (great in fish soup). They are a staple of eastern spanish cooking.

They are called Ñora, and they are sweet and paprika-ey.

karstopography
Reactions:

Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:39 am

The Ñora pepper from what I read is grown mainly in Guardamar del Segura, Spain, right on the Mediterranean Sea. That area tends to have a very warm summer with a lot of humidity, which gives me hope it will grow well here.
Zone 9b, located in the Columbia bottomlands, annual rainfall 46”

Docmom
Reactions:

Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:16 pm

I'm in Michigan, where we have humidity, but not as much heat, historically. But, our heat levels are increasing, as everyone's are. I'm not sure what my garden situation will be next year, so I think I'll wait to order any seeds. It sounds like the fruits produce copious seeds, when allowed to grow to maturity. Maybe I'll see if I can score some seeds in a trade some year. Best of luck growing these. I look forward to hearing more of anyone's experiences.

Martha

Return to “The Pepper Patch”