The Sesame Toy

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
GoDawgs
Reactions:

The Sesame Toy

Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:48 am

One of this year's garden toys is sesame and I have three plants. The last time I posted about them was when the deer munched three heavily and left one alone. I staked down tomato cages around them and that fixed that!

The unmunched one is now 3-4' tall, the rest are about a foot shorter and they're all blooming.

Sesame flowers start at the bottom of the stem and open successively up the stem. Pods are forming along the stem on the largest one.

What I've read says that when the seed pods are about ready the leaves will start browning from the bottom up and that's when the pods are harvested before they shatter and spill out all the seeds. Open Sesame!

PlainJane
Reactions:

Re: The Sesame Toy

Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:05 am

Flowers remind me of foxglove. Interesting experiment!
“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:22 am

The flowers are beautiful. What an interesting plant. I don't think I have ever seen one growing before.
~ Patti ~

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:24 am

I'll have to get an up to date photo of the adult plants. Thought I had taken one but I guess not. We have.... RAIN!... right now so the photo will have to wait. And I was going to do the first major corn picking this morning but I'd rather have the rain. Maybe this afternoon when it supposedly clears off.

Return to “The Gallery”