Jamie's Maties 2024

jamiethemime
Reactions:

Jamie's Maties 2024

Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:49 am

Exciting times here in Iowa! Been planning for a few weeks now and just recently got the first seeds started--Aji Charapita and Sugar Rush Peach!

And the Sugar Rush Peach is saying hello first!

A little ahead of myself though:
Planning on focusing on peppers more than tomatoes this year, but that doesn't mean NO tomatoes! Will be growing 3 varieties still:
Sweet as Linda-my favorite from last year
Buzzy Yellow Cherry-the seeds I have are getting up there in years so I better grow some new ones to refresh 'em
Tastywine-just for fun!!

Pepper plans:
Aji Charapita-both seeds and I have an overwintered plant that seems to still be kicking! I loved this thing last year looking forward to growing more!
Buena Mulata-another one from last year that I enjoyed greatly
Pinata-same dwarf variety as last year, but this year I wanna try making crosses with some fun stuff like the Buena Mulatas and Fishes! Which means
Fish-new variety this year! They're so pretty!
Sugar Rush Peach: another new variety! These sound tasty!

Absolutely not doing ground cherries again this year. I gave the seeds away to a local library because they literally never ripened. I only picked them up off the ground and left them in the skins and literally months later they were still green until they rotted.

Microdwarf tomatoes: might start some of these for fun, we'll see!!

AKgardener
Reactions:

Re: Jamie's Maties 2024

Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:58 pm

Yah for first seedlings. Wanna try sugar rush peach as well . And can’t go wrong with micro dwarfs :)

OmarLittle
Reactions:

Re: Jamie's Maties 2024

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm

jamiethemime wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:49 am
Exciting times here in Iowa!
Pepper plans:
Fish-new variety this year! They're so pretty!
I'm in Iowa too and grew fish peppers last year and loved them. They're about as hot as I can stand. I pickled them and they were great that way as a snack. (I could only eat a few at a time though 😂)

Return to “Grow Logs(Glogs) And Video Logs(Vlogs)”