Disease identification on young pepper leaves

Discussion and tips for growing all types of peppers
nicholasab
Reactions:

Disease identification on young pepper leaves

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:05 am

Hi all, I’m new here and am wondering if anyone recognises the yellowing pattern on the leaf (I believe the image is attached) and can identify for me.
IMG_2337.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bower
Reactions:

Re: Disease identification on young pepper leaves

Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:27 pm

Mites, thrips damage and viruses look very similar to me. I would remove affected leaves and try some insect treatment first, but perhaps you'll get better advice. A higher resolution pic might help too.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

Seven Bends
Reactions:

Re: Disease identification on young pepper leaves

Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:21 pm

Agree that better images would help, and some more information. Can you put the leaf on a sheet of white paper or anything white and take the picture in daylight so the colors are accurate? Take a pic of the top side of the leaf, the underside of the leaf, and of the whole plant. If the symptoms are progressive, take pictures at the various stages. Take and upload at a high resolution so we can zoom in.

If you have a magnifying glass, or if you have a phone or camera that can take magnified images, look carefully at the underside of the leaf for mites, thrips, mold/fungus, etc.

Are you growing outdoors, or indoors under lights? What is your growing medium/soil? Have you fertilized or sprayed with anything (if so, what & when)? If you're growing under lights, are they the same lights you've used before, and are you using them in the same way (plants same distance from the lights, etc.)? Are all the plants affected, or only one?

Return to “The Pepper Patch”