Desperately Seeking “Northern Green”

jrmax13
Reactions:

Desperately Seeking “Northern Green”

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:30 am

Greetings and Salutations all!

The only site I could find “Northern Green” tomato variety was at Tomatofifou. Unfortunately, the listing was just informational and they don’t have any seeds for sale. I literally can not find any other vendor that has it. I reached out to a super nice fella at Seed Savers Exchange named Neil L today via phone and we had a nice call. I was horrified to find out that he sold the remainder of his Northern Green seeds YESTERDAY. I missed it by ONE day <sigh> just my luck! Anyone out there have this variety? Let’s do business. Thanks for reading. :D

TomatoNut95
Reactions:

Re: Desperately Seeking “Northern Green”

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:35 am

Your luck sounds like the kind of luck I have. I don't have Northern Green but I've got some Aunt Ruby's German Green and a few Evergreen if you want a substitute.
Anne

jrmax13
Reactions:

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:41 am

Hi Anne!

Thanks for the thoughtful offer. I have those two already. I’m just on a “treasure hunt” for this one that Tomatofifou (sold it at one time) describes as having “exquisite taste.” You don’t see them write that very often. Anyway, I was told that “Tormato” may have had it at one time as well. So, I will try contacting him next.

Thanks again!

James

Tormato
Reactions:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:17 am

jrmax13 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:41 am Hi Anne!

Thanks for the thoughtful offer. I have those two already. I’m just on a “treasure hunt” for this one that Tomatofifou (sold it at one time) describes as having “exquisite taste.” You don’t see them write that very often. Anyway, I was told that “Tormato” may have had it at one time as well. So, I will try contacting him next.

Thanks again!

James
I haven't had Northern Green since about 2020/2021.

At thehotpepper.com, there is a member (Bou) who might have it. Perhaps joining that forum, and contacting them might work for you.
As for any "rare" green varieties that one may want, I recommend acquiring them as soon as one can. Other than newer green cherries, many green varieties are simply not talked about, like they were in the past.

jrmax13
Reactions:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:18 pm

Gary,

Thanks for tip on “Bou.”

All the best,

James

Return to “Seeds Wanted”