Goggle Ads

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Goggle Ads

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:30 am

If anyone is still seeing ads besides the two in the footer you should be able to refresh your browser and they'll go away. I turned those ads off yesterday and we shouldn't have them anymore.

If refreshing doesn't work you can delete the board cookies, it's in the footer banner.
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

brownrexx
Reactions:

Re: Goggle Ads

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 pm

All I see now is the banner ad at the bottom and the Google Picks ads below the banner and on top of the tomato seedling photo at the bottom.

Rockandrollin
Reactions:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Maybe more traffic to Tomato Junction, to see the ads, that will help keep the lights on.
I was wondering how people find this site. I googled "tomato forums" and it did not come up in the first 100 that I looked through.
I don't understand the mechanics of it, but maybe we could add some words to help get better search results.

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Rockandrollin wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:11 pm Maybe more traffic to Tomato Junction, to see the ads, that will help keep the lights on.
I was wondering how people find this site. I googled "tomato forums" and it did not come up in the first 100 that I looked through.
I don't understand the mechanics of it, but maybe we could add some words to help get better search results.
Thank you for bringing this up. We are working on that. So far I think our membership is by word of mouth. Right now our hands are full getting the house in order and some revenue coming in. We have several more things on our "Do List" and helping find us in a search of gardening forums is one of them.
~ Patti ~

brownrexx
Reactions:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:52 am

[mention]MissS[/mention] [mention]Rajun Gardener[/mention] on a forum that I used to frequent we had a garlic vendor who had a permanent ad at the bottom of out site. It was a non intrusive banner ad. His credit card was charged monthly and it was enough to keep the site ad free.

I wonder if there are some seed or supply vendors who would like to pay for a banner ad here?

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:48 am

That's an option too it's just finding a company with related content to advertise. I'm hoping to have a few more affiliate links soon from Burpee, Tractor Supply and a few other related companies and those should be enough to pay for the site if the links get used. With Goggle it didn't matter if you clicked a link or not, we still get paid just for advertising and if the ads are small and barely noticeable it could work.

I think the problem with ads is the way this forum theme is set up. There's code somewhere that magnifies the pages and makes the ads bigger than they should be.
There's an updated version of this forum software that I need to install but have been hesitant. Sometime this week I'll install it on a different site to test and we'll go from there.
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

Return to “Suggestions/Complaints/Report Problems”