First New MMMM Babies

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
GoDawgs
Reactions:

First New MMMM Babies

Fri May 20, 2022 8:59 am

There's a baby Costoluto Genovese baby out there, about 1.5" in diameter! That's the first baby out there.

Then there are some trusses of Honey Drop cherry:

Last night I also saw a baby Pink Passion dwarf but didn't have my camera with me at the time.

Woo Hoo! Newbies and lots of flowers on all!

GoDawgs
Reactions:

First MMMM Zinnia!

Sun May 22, 2022 3:29 pm

@Nan6b, the 'Tall Mix' zinnia seed you sent to the MMMM swap has produced the first bloom for me! It's a light salmony pink and it must have been born last night because it wasn't there yesterday. There's another bud that will probably be open in a day or two. This is like opening presents on Christmas day! Thank you for sending these.

The last six unplanted California Giant zinnias were still begging to be get in the ground and so they were this morning. This is the new zinnia bed by the pasture fence and there was room on the far end to put the last zinnias. I'll mulch them this evening. We really need rain. That soil was powder dry at least a shovel's depth so I made a depression for each planting hole and filled them with water several times. The water got sucked up in a hurry but the zinnias were planted in that mud and they'll be OK. This bed has California Giants and Nan6b's Tall Mix.

Yesterday I picked the last snap peas, pulled out the plants and gave that spot a fluffing up with the Mantis. It's about 9' of trellis space. This morning I planted some Cherokee Trail Of Tears pole beans there. You can eat them as green beans, let them go a bit longer and eat them as a shellie bean or let them dry completely and store them as a dried bean. I think we'll let them all dry. Well, maybe a munch or two before letting the rest go.

And finally, a Chinese Python Snake Bean is born under the trellis, seven days from planting. I thought maybe I spied a little crack in the ground last night. This afternoon six of eight hills have seedlings in them. The pack said to soak the seeds overnight but they looked so rough and tough I soaked them 24 hours. because I read elsewhere that these beans have a low germination rate I put two, maybe three seeds per hill. It should be interesting to see how many germinate.

AKgardener
Reactions:

Re: First New MMMM Babies

Sun May 22, 2022 6:01 pm

Love seeing new tomatoes!!!

Return to “The Gallery”