tray for holding solo cups?

JRinPA
Reactions:

Re: tray for holding solo cups?

Thu May 23, 2024 12:10 am

I'd settle for a garage instead of a carport.

rdback
Reactions:

Thu May 23, 2024 10:15 am

JRinPA wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:41 pm ...I wanted the strawberries in cups to do strawberry towers where the cup itself stays with the plant and the 45 degree cup stick out becomes part of the structure for the tower.
@JRinPA Hey JR, this kinda sounds something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJQ4npH ... lcg%3D%3D]

Don't know if that gives you any ideas. The other thing, about drilling the PVC and it grabbing, run the drill in REVERSE. It cuts slower, but there's no grabbing and it makes a nice clean hole. I do this when making bucket SIPs.

Just FYI's.

JRinPA
Reactions:

Thu May 23, 2024 11:15 am

I've seen that style, not what I wanted really. Looks like an absolute mess to clean out.

I did try reverse soon after starting. It did not do much at all. It is a very aggressive carbine tooth. After I started using the slip clutch, it worked okay on forward for a while and I admit I forgot about reverse after that... I'll try reverse right now. I want to get that last thin wall finished. The cups though are way bigger than I realized, and this hole saw is bigger than I initially sought...3- and 9/16th. But it looks like a $30 hole saw for under $6 so I went for it to try. Just about the whole cup slides in there. A 2 or 2.5" with smaller cups would be the way to go...but the plant would not have done well this long in smaller cups.

Here is the one I got, but I think 90mm. Must have been full clearance, because it is no longer avail to buy in that size.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NN1KNWH?re ... tails&th=1

JRinPA
Reactions:

Thu May 23, 2024 11:54 am

Another problem I had when I first started was the drill battery was about dead. It has some kind of cutoff, when the lithium battery can't supply enough, it shuts off, and you need untrigger/retrigger. So it was a bit of time tinkering to make cord to run it directly off a deep cycle battery. Then it had plenty of juice, but would hang up as it got deep into the cut. That is the way I used to run my 18v nicads, hooked to a few SLAs in a carry pack. Lots of power and long lasting, but those batteries are pretty old now, and not $5 each offseason clearance at walmart anymore.

Thanks for the reverse reminder. So yeah running it in reverse I was able to easily complete the holes in the thin wall pipe that I had started and was going to finish with jig saw. Much easier this way. I think the thicker stuff would take a while though. And round 90 degree holes aren't really want I initially wanted. But I can use this as another horizontal hanger with round holes in one, maybe two rows. I'll just pop the plants out of the cups again and save the cups for next year, or maybe to re-up later this year?

I don't know how long each crown will put out fruit with this type of setup. I will find out though.

Return to “Seed Starting”