2021/2022 wish lists

This is a yearly group seed swap event hosted by Tormato.

Moderator: Tormato

agee
Reactions:

Re: 2021 wish lists

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:54 pm

OhioGardener wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:10 pm
agee wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:42 pm I am trying to do cover cropping at both my home garden and at the community garden which I am part of the leadership.

My cover crop wish list:
Buckwheat
Mighty Mustard
Other Mustard, esp hot varieties.

Lacy Phacelia
Sainfoin
Sorghum Sudangrass
Triticale[
Clover
Do you have interest in Siberian kale or extra hardy tannin-free winter peas as a cover crop? I'd need to know pretty soon because I'm getting ready to send my seeds in. I have Whistler and Windham peas which overwinter in z5 whereas Austrians do not and while not sweet peas, they're also edible unlike Austrians as is the kale which has also been over-wintering well in z5 and 6.
Julianna wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:44 pm
I didn't send it to the MMMM because I somehow missed it, but I have an extra packet of Japanese Giant Red mustard if you are interested.
Thank you both so much.

OhioGardener, yes please send in the peas and the kale, although my "interest" in the Siberian kale may go beyond cover cropping. Image

Thanks Julianna, like with the Siberian kale, I may have another "interest". I will PM you to see if you want me to send SASE or do a trade.

@MissS, sending you a PM about your tall salvia.

wykvlvr
Reactions:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:50 pm

Tormato wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:49 pm

With a sawbuck, I could send a flat rate box, which can weigh a lot, and hold a lot. I think you mentioned that you may not have a huge space to grow things? That doesn't stop me from sending a lot, if I have it.

So, to you and other participants reading, other than tomatoes (minimum 5 seeds) and peppers (minimum 10 seeds), please let me know how many seeds of all other veggies/fruits that you would like, if it matters. Even with tomatoes, if someone wants to grow out many plants of a sauce type to do a lot of canning, please request how many seeds you would like. Without a request for more, sometimes I'll only send 5-10 beans of each variety, because that ravioli of yours may be about to burst.

When I post the master list of everything that comes in, I'll again mention seed amount requests.
You are right I do have limited space but I did have a number of squash/pumpkins plus the melon and beans on my list and want to make sure I put in enough postage for them. We took down a couple of large cottonwoods that were a threat to the house and I discovered I had almost doubled my growing area :) surprising how much shade those trees made. That gives me room to try out winter squash and trial a some runner beans to see how well they do here. Grin plus I do have friends that also garden...
Wyoming
Zone 5
Elevation : 6,063 ft
Climate : semi-arid
Avg annual rainfall = 16 inches

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:38 pm

agee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:54 pm
OhioGardener wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:10 pm
agee wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:42 pm I am trying to do cover cropping at both my home garden and at the community garden which I am part of the leadership.

My cover crop wish list:
Buckwheat
Mighty Mustard
Other Mustard, esp hot varieties.

Lacy Phacelia
Sainfoin
Sorghum Sudangrass
Triticale[
Clover
Do you have interest in Siberian kale or extra hardy tannin-free winter peas as a cover crop? I'd need to know pretty soon because I'm getting ready to send my seeds in. I have Whistler and Windham peas which overwinter in z5 whereas Austrians do not and while not sweet peas, they're also edible unlike Austrians as is the kale which has also been over-wintering well in z5 and 6.
Julianna wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:44 pm
I didn't send it to the MMMM because I somehow missed it, but I have an extra packet of Japanese Giant Red mustard if you are interested.
Thank you both so much.

OhioGardener, yes please send in the peas and the kale, although my "interest" in the Siberian kale may go beyond cover cropping. Image

Thanks Julianna, like with the Siberian kale, I may have another "interest". I will PM you to see if you want me to send SASE or do a trade.

@MissS, sending you a PM about your tall salvia.

Done. The winter peas can also be used as dual purpose, especially since the varieties I bought were bred for both winter hardiness and removing any bitterness as opposed to the wild-type Austrian pea which is also edible. The literature I looked up said they're considered "animal feed" only because of size and the visual aesthetics of one's seed coat doesn't quite pass for what they're looking for in dried store peas, otherwise they're no different than the split peas you find in the store and their young pods and greens are edible too. I was snipping them all winter last year. https://www.growjourney.com/how-to-grow ... er-greens/
Debbie

Tormato
Reactions:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:33 pm

wykvlvr wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:50 pm
Tormato wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:49 pm

With a sawbuck, I could send a flat rate box, which can weigh a lot, and hold a lot. I think you mentioned that you may not have a huge space to grow things? That doesn't stop me from sending a lot, if I have it.

So, to you and other participants reading, other than tomatoes (minimum 5 seeds) and peppers (minimum 10 seeds), please let me know how many seeds of all other veggies/fruits that you would like, if it matters. Even with tomatoes, if someone wants to grow out many plants of a sauce type to do a lot of canning, please request how many seeds you would like. Without a request for more, sometimes I'll only send 5-10 beans of each variety, because that ravioli of yours may be about to burst.

When I post the master list of everything that comes in, I'll again mention seed amount requests.
You are right I do have limited space but I did have a number of squash/pumpkins plus the melon and beans on my list and want to make sure I put in enough postage for them. We took down a couple of large cottonwoods that were a threat to the house and I discovered I had almost doubled my growing area :) surprising how much shade those trees made. That gives me room to try out winter squash and trial a some runner beans to see how well they do here. Grin plus I do have friends that also garden...
I think I remember a Wyoming gardening group from last year? If you have time, ask them if they're looking for anything.

Spike
Reactions:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:33 am

Please @Tormato may I please have some of the Wisconsin 55 and the Wisconsin gold that @MissS is sending in?

I would also love Girl Girls Weird Thing

Please oh please oh please . . . OH OH OH I just noticed:

Spike
Spike's Red Belly Button

Any peppers
zinnias
cosmos
Last edited by Spike on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is freedom waiting for you, On the breezes of the sky, And you ask 'What if I fall?' Oh but my darling, What if you fly?

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm

@Tormato , could you please MissS's the Wisconsin 55 to my wish list if you have enough? No room for the WI Gold. Thank you.

ranegrow
Reactions:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:27 pm

So I've been drooling over the Master Lists of Tomatoes ... lol and of course I could not resist updating my wish list... ;-)

I was having a hard time deciding what to list on my wish list... until I started reading more posts here this evening LOL Is Miss Scarlet in the kitchen with a knife really a variety of a tomato ?? if so... I would love a few seeds of that one ;-) but I will love whatever seeds come my way but would also love to try these:

Grandma Oliver's Chocolate
Not Purple Strawberry
Stormin Norman
Aussie
Cherry Brownies
Rose Quartz multiflora
Evil Olive
Rebel Starfighter
Sunrise Bumblebee
Pruden's Purple
KARMA Apricot
KARMA purple
Giant Belgian Pink
Cole
Matina
Vorlon ( this always grows well here but I ran out of seeds. )
Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter
any Chef's Choice, esp Black. I grew it this year and it was awesome, productive and delish ! I wish I had heard that a lot of people say you can save hybrid seeds and have a good chance of it growing true ? I would have definitely saved seed !
Cherokee Carbon - this was another good hybrid that produced very well that I will save seed for going forward. It had great flavor too.
Barlow Jap - another favorite that I forgot to save seeds and have run out.
Brandywine Glick's - we have not tried this Brandywine.
Mermaid - would love to just a few seeds to grow for my granddaughters who think they are part mermaid ;-)
Todd County Amish
Nature's Riddle
Blue Pear
Oncle Remi

We really like dark or red tomatoes, beefsteak sized for blts and small saladette to slice up in a salad... I have always meant to try a GWR tomato but haven't yet. What is a good one ?
The only tomatoes I do not grow are the dwarf varieties... I guess I am weird because I really like BIG tomato plants and I am lucky to have room to grow about 50 - 60 tomato plants, the bigger the better, every year and still have room for the other veggies we grow- squash, green beans, cucumbers, greens and peppers.

non Tomatoes:
any sweet pepper, bell pepper or frying pepper , they are our favorite pepper to cook with, esp stuffed peppers.
I would love to try a pepper that has some heat like Poblano but not too spicy ?
Zupska Rana - I read about these in the other thread...these sound great !
County Fair cucumber.
Sugar Rush Peach pepper
Lazy Housewife or Rattlesnake bean. We grow bush beans and pole beans. Would love any variety really !
Asparagus ( this is on my " garden bucket list" )
Any zinnia, esp profusion,thumbelina or lilliput
A few seeds of Fruit Smoothie, Scarlet Flame, Art Deco Big Red or Cupcake zinnias ?

Happy Friday eve y'all 8-)
Last edited by ranegrow on Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Happygardener23
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:30 am

Adding my wishes: Edited to bold the varieties shown on the master list. Left the other varieties named JIC an odd packet snuck through

Abraham Brown
Ananas Zebra
Barry’s Crazy Cherry
Chernyi Princ
Cherokee Rose
Coeur de Boeuf de Jerusalem
Elser Farm’s Brown Derby
Frog Princess
Hi Crimson

Jaune Ridée Dominique
Lover's Lunch
Long Tall Sally
Maple Syrup
Marshmallow in chocolate
Mikado Black
Moya Jaune
Moya Noire
Moya Verte
Negrillo de Almoguera
Northern Lights
Pink Furry Boar
Sgt. Peppers
Sart Roloise
Stutzman Black
Tundra
Wild Thyme GWR
Wisconsin 55
Wisconsin 55 Gold

As for non-tomatoes, I’d appreciate some of the Siberskaya Roza watermelon if still available as well as any heirloom eggplant; zucchini/summer squash; “green” beans (don’t need to be green); easy to grow melons, especially "personal-size" melons, and brassicas that are not impossible to grow, especially rutabagas, kale, and brussels sprouts.

I adore pretty cut flowers, especially lisianthus, snapdragons, amaranth, celosia, and zinnias, as well as good bouquet "filler" flowers/herbs.

I LOVE Zinnias and would love any of the following from Gary's list (especially the **)
Zinnia-Art Deco, Burpeeana Giant Mix, Burpee's Big Tetra Mix, Coral Beauty, **Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Mix, **Cupcake Mix, Exquisite Pink, Jim Baggett's Choice Mix, **Magic Bus, Polar Bear, **Queen Lime, **Scabiosa, **Senora

Lastly, my "longshot wish" -prairie smoke

Thank you! I'm bagging up my seeds now and will add what I am sending to the spoiler list this weekend.
Last edited by Happygardener23 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:27 am, edited 8 times in total.

HL2601
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:11 am

Tormato,
Could you also please add me for the Wisconsin 55 and WI 55 gold for the grow out? :)
Thank you!

Tormato
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 am

Happygardener23 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:30 am Adding my wishes:

Barry’s Crazy Cherry
Black Beauty
Blue Gold Berries
Chernyi Princ
Cherokee Rose
Frog Princess
Hi Crimson
Inzhir Rosovyi (Pink Fig) 
Marshmallow in chocolate
Midnight Sun
Negrillo de Almoguera
Sart Roloise
Sgt. Pepper
Tundra

As for non-tomatoes, I’d appreciate some of the Siberskaya Roza watermelon if still available as well as any heirloom eggplant; zucchini/summer squash; “green” beans (don’t need to be green); easy to grow melons, especially "personal-size" melons, and brassicas that are not impossible to grow, especially rutabagas, kale, and brussels sprouts.

I adore pretty cut flowers, especially lisianthus, snapdragons, amaranth, celosia, and zinnias, as well as good bouquet "filler" flowers/herbs.

I LOVE Zinnias and would love any of the following from Gary's list (especially the **)
Zinnia-Art Deco, Burpeeana Giant Mix, Burpee's Big Tetra Mix, Coral Beauty, **Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Mix, **Cupcake Mix, Exquisite Pink, Jim Baggett's Choice Mix, **Magic Bus, Polar Bear, **Queen Lime, **Scabiosa, **Senora

Thank you! I'm bagging up my seeds now and will add what I am sending to the spoiler list this weekend.
"and brassicas that are not impossible to grow...and brussels sprouts."

Not quite romanesco, but you're getting close. ;)

eyolf
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 pm

Coming a little late to the party, and not going to go hog-wild asking for varieties I won't get to in the next year or two.

I will be sending Heshpole, because I see at least one poster asked.

As well, two varieties out of both big Boy and Better Boy; Teddy globe, and Teddy Steak. I have discussed them online, but will offer a detailed description of anyone asks.

In return, if anyone offers, I would covet any of the following:
Imur Prior Beta

Glacier

Kimberley

Romance (I think it's an early San Marz)

Orange Russian (an Ontario tomatophile "rescued" this one, originally grown by residents of the Doukhobor colonies in Manitoba. Similar to Azoychka, but earlier. NOT the heart, OR117. I had seeds and lost them)

Traveler
Reactions:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:47 pm

eyolf,

I have Glacier purchased from Totally Tomato last year that I can send you if you send me an address via PM. I didn't grow it.

root_grow
Reactions:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Adding my non-tomato wish list here (or would it be better to have them both on the same post? happy to go back and edit if so)

I would really really love some Oklahoma Ivory and Isabellina zinnias please!
cosmos of all kinds
sculpit and Navajo tea please
winter squash (moschata don't tend to do well here unless they're extra early types, but the others are fine)
zucchinis / summer squash
any Eastern European sweet pepper
mild to medium spicy peppers, biquinhos look fun
a variety of basil would be fun
asparagus
anything purple, food or flowers :)
Last edited by root_grow on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tormato
Reactions:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:52 pm

root_grow wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:26 pm Adding my non-tomato wish list here (or would it be better to have them both on the same post? happy to go back and edit if so)

I would really really love some Oklahoma Ivory and Isabellina zinnias please!
cosmos of all kinds
sculpit and Navajo tea please
winter squash (moschata don't tend to do well here unless they're extra early types, but the others are fine)
zucchinis / summer squash
any Eastern European sweet pepper
mild to medium spicy peppers, biquinhos look fun
a variety of basil would be fun
anything purple, food or flowers :)
I'll look to see if I still have "Mrihani X Opal (F4) population" basil. It would be fun, as plants can be green, purple, a mix of the two, with leaves of different shapes and sizes.

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 am

I have updated my wish list to add the milkweed someone said they are sending in. Trying to attract some monarchs.

Amana Orange
Aunt Ginny's Purple
Brandywine, Suddeth strain
Estler's Mortgage Lifter
Honey Drop cherry
King Kong
Rosella Crimson
Rosella Purple
Supersweet 100 cherry
Swoon
Wisconsin 55 for memorial grow out

Heart tomatoes
Dwarf tomato
Pole bean, flat type
Any Romano type bush bean
Zinnias, tall ones only
Milkweed

AZGardener
Reactions:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:34 am

Updated Tomato Wishlist:
Black:
Grandma Oliver's Chocolate
JD's Special C-Tex
Antho:
Blood Moon
Cherry:
Creamsicle Grape
Dwarf:
Laxton Lad
Laura's Bounty
Green GRW:
Aunt Ruby's Green Cherry
Delano Green
Heart:
Miss Scarlet in the Kitchen With a Knife
Heat Tolerant:
Uncle Steve's Italian Plum
Professor Plum in the Dining Room With a Knife
Micro Dwarf:
Dark Stripe
Multiflora:
Estonian Yellow Cherry
Pink:
Dr Lyle
Monk
Olive Hill
Rose of Tashkent
Red:
Red Barn
Bacon, Lettuce, and This
Stripe:
Pineapple Pig
Yellow/Orange
Aladdin's Lamp
Wisconsin 55 Gold (for the memorial grow out)
Cowpea:
Bisbee Black
any that need a good home. :-)

Peppers- no heat, eggplant, beans.

Thanks!
Last edited by AZGardener on Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

DancingBunnyUSA
Reactions:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Tormato wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:07 pm Participants can post up to 25 varieties.
Can the wishlist be flowers or is that to be posted somewhere else. Sorry if this question seems dumb. I'm rather new here. :?

Tormato
Reactions:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:31 pm

DancingBunnyUSA wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:35 pm
Tormato wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:07 pm Participants can post up to 25 varieties.
Can the wishlist be flowers or is that to be posted somewhere else. Sorry if this question seems dumb. I'm rather new here. :?
There are no dumb questions. Thank you for pointing out that my first post was only about tomatoes. This wish list thread is for anything. I will edit the post to reflect that.

The 2021 spoiler alert thread is for participants to post tomatoes, only, that they are sending in. The 2021 non-tomato thread is for everything else that participants are sending in. The reason for the two threads is that this is a Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing. We have two types of participants, here. The ones that want to keep tomatoes a mystery do not read the spoiler alert. Others may read the thread to get ideas for their tomato wish lists. Likely most, if not all, read the non-tomato thread.

A bit after Thanksgiving, I will post two master lists, one for all tomatoes that come in, one for everything else that comes in. If packages keep coming in, I will try to update the master lists.

I will not post about whether holiday cards will be included, or not, in some packages, in order to keep that a mystery. Wait a minute, I just did. ;)

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:35 pm

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by updating my wish list, but I added a few things in case they happen to be available.

Sungold F1 tomato
Esther's Mortgage Lifter tomato
Sibirskiy Velikan Rozovyi tomato
Relikvia iz Ussuriyska tomato (Rec'd from generous Tomatoville member, but lost only plant)
Blue Jollies tomato tomato
Negrillo de Almoguera tomato
Frau Hager Klein tomato
Olimp Malinovyi tomato
Veemore tomato
Veepick tomato
Trimson tomato
Bonnyvee tomato
Orange Teardrop tomato
Market at Huachinango Puebla Mexico tomato

Bill's striped Pepper
Mona Lisa bean
Dapple Grey bean
Smith River Super Speckle bean
Achocha - Lady's Slipper
True Red Cranberry bean
Piros Fehrer bean
Orach Purple Mountain Spinach
Music Garlic Bulbils
Sweet Pepper: Doe Hill
Farthest North Melon
Benary, Cherry Queen or Queen Lime zinnias
Debbie

Tormato
Reactions:

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:43 pm

OhioGardener wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:35 pm Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by updating my wish list, but I added a few things in case they happen to be available.

Sungold F1 tomato
Esther's Mortgage Lifter tomato
Sibirskiy Velikan Rozovyi tomato
Relikvia iz Ussuriyska tomato (Rec'd from generous Tomatoville member, but lost only plant)
Blue Jollies tomato tomato
Negrillo de Almoguera tomato
Frau Hager Klein tomato
Olimp Malinovyi tomato
Veemore tomato
Veepick tomato
Trimson tomato
Bonnyvee tomato
Orange Teardrop tomato
Market at Huachinango Puebla Mexico tomato

Bill's striped Pepper
Mona Lisa bean
Dapple Grey bean
Smith River Super Speckle bean
Achocha - Lady's Slipper
True Red Cranberry bean
Piros Fehrer bean
Orach Purple Mountain Spinach
Music Garlic Bulbils
Sweet Pepper: Doe Hill
Farthest North Melon
Benary, Cherry Queen or Queen Lime zinnias
There are no rules to break except one. If someone sends in a package without a legible return address, and I don't have any contact info, I can't send a package back.

I expect many wish list changes after I post the master lists.

Return to “MMMM Swap”