Site Moderation - Have your Say!

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Site Moderation - Have your Say!

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Ginger2778 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:29 pm Numbering system. Ugh!
Here we go off topic again. This should have been posted under the thread "2 things I would love to see on this site," but could you please explain the Ugh?
~ Patti ~

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm

I also welcome the children here. Maybe we can educate a new generation of gardeners. I would rather see them here than living through their games, Twitch, and other such media. Also don't forget Area 51 is visible to the public, they just are unable to post.
~ Patti ~

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:10 pm

MissS wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 pm
Here we go off topic again. This should have been posted under the thread "2 things I would love to see on this site," but could you please explain the Ugh?
I think she's worried about the numbering system messing up if a post is deleted. I'll delete yours as a test then restore it.

Test complete, it doesn't change the post numbers.
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

bower
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Rajun Gardener wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:10 pm
I think she's worried about the numbering system messing up if a post is deleted. I'll delete yours as a test then restore it.

Test complete, it doesn't change the post numbers.
Post numbers only change if there's a hard delete, according to the test on page 3.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

Ginger2778
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:11 pm

The post numbers were individual to each thread yesterday, and today they are back to a count from everything. Sorry, I actually thought making adjustments to the format was part of moderating, and so I thought the post was not inaporopriate, nor off topic. Did I do this before? Is that why you said "here we go off topic again?"
I didn't know I should research older threads and put it only there. Very sorry, I'll try to remember to do that in the future.
- Marsha

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:35 pm

They are individual to each post and labeled twice, one is the main board number and the other is the post count in each thread. If you click the post count in each thread it copies it to your clipboard to paste automatically.
post numbers.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:09 pm

No worries Marsha, all is good. I have been having one of those days where I am going in 20 directions. I hope that it is resolved. Things where you have an issue with how the forum in functioning would most likely be addressed quicker if they were posted at the bottom of the home page at Suggestions, Support and Tutorials. No big matter.
~ Patti ~

Ginger2778
Reactions:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Rajun Gardener wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:35 pm They are individual to each post and labeled twice, one is the main board number and the other is the post count in each thread. If you click the post count in each thread it copies it to your clipboard to paste automatically.
post numbers.JPG
Oh, now I see. Very cool! Thanks for showing me this.
- Marsha

SQWIB
Reactions:

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:16 am

OK Let me make sure I got this correct, hopefully folks don't think it's off topic!

If I want to post a link to a specific numbered post in a long running thread, and later on a post is deleted in that thread that is a numbered post before my linked post will it matter. Below are two examples.
Should I use the members post number or the threads post number

Feel free to move this if you want!

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:39 am

You can use any post number to get to the same place. I added the continuous post numbers so members can refer someone to the 3rd post in the Site Moderation thread.

The post numbers aren't affected if a post gets deleted for some reason either, unless it's the deleted post of course.

Edited to add: You can hover the mouse over the thread count number and one click will add it to your clipboard.

worth1
Reactions:

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:50 am

Thread has gone off topic?
Just saying. :lol:
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:56 am

After reading the thread, this is all I could come up with that isn't already addressed in the rules. Did I miss something? Feel free to comment, we want to close this thread today. 2020 is here and it's time to start fresh without those threads popping up in everyone's feeds.

This thread and all the other rules/regs/tutorials/how to questions threads will be at the bottom of the home page in the Suggestions catagory for future reference. If you have other recommendations after today, feel free to bring it up in the suggestions section or send any Mod a PM. I know the topic isn't over and feel free to start a new thread in the Suggestions area, we'll address them one by one instead of a long thread with different topics.

Moderator Rules and Standards
1.Moderators will try their best to let users know why their comments or threads are getting removed/locked. (not necessary if it is a serial spammer/troll) If you blast someone-you're a troll, don't expect a PM.

2. Communicate with and support other moderators trying to reach an unbiased consensus before taking action.

3. Delete topics as a last resort! Give warnings and remind people they can edit their post.

4, If the whole topic is breaking the rules, delete it ASAP & send a PM.

5. At Mods discretion, offensive material will be deleted without warning.

6. If a few members are breaking the rules in a topic, give them a warning, inform them what rule they broke and have them edit the post. If they don't edit the post in a timely manner(10 minutes) delete that users post so the conversation can flow again without distractions.

***All deleted threads are kept as records and can be re-posted if we delete something by accident or a misunderstanding of the post/topic.

worth1
Reactions:

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:01 pm

I just want to say before this thread hits the land of unknown.
I just love the format and the way it is set up.
It allows me to express myself in a manner of which I have never been able to before.
Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. :D
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Return to “Suggestions/Complaints/Report Problems”