Hemp topic?

Hemp, Cotton, Jute, Flax, Kenaf, Bamboo etc
zeuspaul
Reactions:

Re: Hemp topic?

Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:56 am

I thought I got the dose wrong but perhaps it was just a different kind of high from a different drug.
zeuspaul wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:22 pm A few years ago I first heated some leaves in the oven to *x* temperature then mixed with coconut oil and then made some tea. I didn't like the result. The affect comes on very slowly. To my surprise I got very (too) high. I thought the leaves didn't have much THC! I never tried it again. I have read many similar complaints. It is difficult to dose properly with this way of consuming.

worth1
Reactions:

Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:33 am

Now Texas has some other lame a$$ law they're trying to get through.
Decriminalize the stuff under an ounce but still get fined and stay out of trouble.
What the hell kind of low rent law is that.
Stay out of trouble or what.
They tried this the last session and it got shot down.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:37 pm

Can cannabis improve your sex life? Why some people claim it 'accentuates every bit of feeling and touch.'

Kaitlin Reilly
Wed, May 31, 2023 at 3:31 PM PDT

Cannabis use has a surprising number of benefits, including stress relief and pain management. But there may be another potential upside to using cannabis products that is, thus far, little discussed: improving a person's sex life.

Not much research has been done in the field, but a 2023 study published in the Journal of Cannabis Research examined the perceived influence of cannabis on sexual functioning and satisfaction. Amanda Moser, one of the study’s authors and a research compliance coordinator at the University of Denver, tells Yahoo Life, “The influence cannabis has on sex has not been widely researched — this is a main reason why I decided to conduct a nationwide study on its effects on sexual functioning and satisfaction. Anecdotally, there have been many personal accounts of cannabis enhancing sex, without the scientific evidence to back it up.”

The results of the study revealed that there's a connection between using cannabis products and having a more satisfying sexual experience, with more than 70% of the participants reporting increased desire and orgasm intensity.

What Moser discovered, she says, is that there are multiple ways in which cannabis can improve a person's sex life. It can make you more interested in having sex — "some concentrates can have an aphrodisiac effect," she notes — as well as make it easier to orgasm and allow someone to achieve more intense orgasms. For women, that can include multiple orgasms and “overall greater pleasure and satisfaction” for all.

<snip>

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cannabi ... 50058.html

Mark_Thompson
Reactions:

Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:59 am

zeuspaul wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:37 pm Can cannabis improve your sex life? Why some people claim it 'accentuates every bit of feeling and touch.'
Anecdotally, absolutely it does
Wet and windy side of a Hawaiian island, just living the dream

worth1
Reactions:

Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:40 am

My sense of feeling and touch was so strong I had to take my clothes off.
On weekends and after work I wouldn't wear hardly any clothes because I couldn't stand them touching my skin.
It might have something to do with my upbringing as well.
When I was growing up in the summer I ran around barefooted no shirt and just a pair of shorts on.

As for my sex life with my wife before she got cancer weed or no weed it was more than everyday average for 25 years.
The weed made it better but it wasn't needed.
Nor did we stray from each other.
We enjoyed each other so much we simply couldn't get enough.
Worth

worth1
Reactions:

Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:15 am

Worth

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:00 pm

20230710_153051_resized.jpg
I dumped a big bag of old hemp in my backyard. This plant is a volunteer. Cannabis actually makes very good fertilizer, especially for cannabis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissS
Reactions:

Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:47 am

@Cole_Robbie how big do your plants usually get in your garden? Do you use the hemp to mulch your veggies?
~ Patti ~

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:57 am

MissS wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:47 am @Cole_Robbie how big do your plants usually get in your garden? Do you use the hemp to mulch your veggies?
Honestly I don't have a veggie garden at the moment. The soil in the pic isn't very good. I grew hemp just a few feet away and the plants were small. There's something about the cannabis plant as a fertilizer, alfalfa is the closest comparison I could make.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:48 pm

The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper Premieres New Installment in Dr. Sanjay Gupta’s Iconic Series with “Weed 7: A Senior Moment”

EPISODE PREMIERES SUNDAY, AUGUST 6 AT 8PM ET/PT      
NEW YORK, NY – (July 31, 2023) – The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper, a CNN Original, returns with the newest installment in Dr. Sanjay Gupta’s duPont-Columbia Award winning Emmy® nominated Weed series, exploring the risks and the benefits of the drug in treating chronic issues such as pain, anxiety and Alzheimer’s disease in patients over 50. “Weed 7: A Senior Moment” premieres on Sunday, August 6 at 8pm ET/PT.

Between 2015 and 2018, cannabis use in seniors over 65 jumped 75%, and this age group now represents the fastest growing group of cannabis users in the United States. In this episode of The Whole Story, Dr. Gupta travels from research facilities in Tel Aviv, Israel – often referred to as “the holy land of medical marijuana” – to a senior living community in West Palm Beach running an experimental cannabis treatment pilot program, as he learns more about how seniors are using the drug for pain relief, better sleep, less anxiety, weight gain and more. In California, he boards a “cannabus” providing transport to seniors who cannot otherwise access dispensaries, and visits one of the largest cannabis growing operations in the world, where plants are designed with seniors in mind.

“Over the last decade reporting on medical marijuana, time and time again, what has surprised me the most is the optimism, the possibility, and the impact that carefully controlled cannabis can have, even on seniors, for a better quality of life,” Dr. Gupta said.

Featuring interviews with doctors and researchers at the forefront of the field, as well as first-person accounts from seniors about their experience using cannabis, “Weed 7: A Senior Moment” explores how the shifting stigma around the drug is impacting a growing number of seniors around the world, decreasing their prescription drug use and improving their quality of life.

<snip>

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023 ... or-moment/

Kurt
Reactions:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:43 pm

https://www.cannabissciencetech.com/vie ... -worldwide

FYI Latest .Seed company’s coming out of the woodwork.Seedbanks in Europe have not reported as I know.Be careful.

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:49 pm

Kurt wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:43 pm https://www.cannabissciencetech.com/vie ... -worldwide

FYI Latest .Seed company’s coming out of the woodwork.Seedbanks in Europe have not reported as I know.Be careful.
If you are buying clones, you're almost guaranteed to get the viroid at some point. It can in theory transmit via seed, but those plants would probably be culled as runts before they spread it around. Growing from seed, keeping plants separate, sterilizing scissors, and killing any plant that doesn't look right is how to make the viroid go extinct. But that takes time and effort, people want the easy way of just buying rooted cuttings.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:01 am

States With Legal Medical Marijuana See ‘Significant And Sizable’ Reductions In Health Insurance Premiums, Study Finds

Published 19 hours ago on August 15, 2023 By Ben Adlin

A new study in the International Journal of Drug Policy found that states with legal medical marijuana enjoyed significant reductions in health insurance premiums compared to states where cannabis remained completely illegal.

Analyzing a decade’s worth of private health insurance data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, researchers determined that in the years following a state’s implementation of a medical cannabis law, premiums dropped dramatically.

While the reductions were modest immediately following implementation, the study found that by seven years afterward, annual premiums had fallen $1,663 compared to states in the control group. Similar reductions were seen after eight years ($1,542) and nine years ($1,626), indicating that the decline was fairly stable over time.

<snip>

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/states- ... udy-finds/

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:05 pm

US health officials look to move marijuana to lower-risk drug category

Reuters- Updated Wed, August 30, 2023 at 12:12 PM PDT·2 min read
(Reuters) -The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has recommended easing restrictions on marijuana, a department spokesperson said on Wednesday, following a review request from the Biden Administration last year.

Nearly 40 U.S. states have legalized marijuana use in some form, but it remains completely illegal in some states and at the federal level. Reclassifying marijuana as less harmful than drugs like heroin would be a first step toward wider legalization, a move backed by a majority of Americans.

The scheduling recommendation for marijuana was provided to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) on Tuesday as part of President Biden's directive to HHS, the spokesperson said.

"As part of this process, HHS conducted a scientific and medical evaluation for consideration by DEA. DEA has the final authority to schedule or reschedule a drug under the Controlled Substances Act. DEA will now initiate its review," a DEA spokesperson said.

Marijuana is currently classified as a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act, meaning it has a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use, along with drugs like heroin and LSD.

HHS is recommending reclassifying marijuana to say it has a moderate to low potential for dependence and a lower abuse potential, which would put it in a class with ketamine and testosterone.

<snip>

https://news.yahoo.com/hhs-official-cal ... 26995.html

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:05 am

Study Discovers Cannabis Users Infected by COVID-19 Experienced ‘Better Outcomes and Mortality’ Than Non-
cannabis Users

Published on: October 13, 2023
Madeline Colli
A study found that cannabis users that were infected by the COVID-19 virus, experienced ‘better outcomes and mortality’ than non-cannabis users.

A recent study presented at the annual conference of The American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST) in Honolulu, Hawaii, discovered that cannabis users who were infected by the COVID-19 virus experienced lower rates of mortality, intubation, and respiratory failure than individuals who do not consume cannabis (1).

“Marijuana users had better outcomes and mortality compared to non-users,” the study mentions and suggests that benefits seen from the research may come from the cannabis plants’ (1), “potential to inhibit viral entry into cells and prevent the release of proinflammatory cytokines.”

“The significant decrease in mortality and complications warrants further investigation of the association between marijuana use and COVID-19,” the study stated (1).

The study was published in a CHEST Journal supplement (1). The authors of the study hosted a presentation at the annual CHEST conference, as well as a poster detailing research data.

<snip>

https://www.cannabissciencetech.com/vie ... abis-users

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:13 am

Ohio becomes 24th state to embrace weed legalization
There are now 24 states in the country where weed use is allowed for adults.
The new law allows adults over 21 to possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana and grow up to six plants. | Joshua A. Bickel/AP

By MONA ZHANG

11/07/2023 10:24 PM EST

Ohio voters comfortably approved a marijuana legalization referendum on the ballot Tuesday.

The vote makes Ohio the 24th state in the U.S. to legalize adult-use marijuana and furthers a trend of more conservative states establishing legal markets. With Ohio, 53 percent of the U.S. population now live in a jurisdiction where anyone at least 21 years old can legally possess weed.

More details

The new law allows adults over 21 to possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana and grow up to six plants. The measure creates a Division of Cannabis Control, which is responsible for setting up and regulating the adult-use cannabis market.

The regulations give existing medical operators first dibs on the adult-use market, but also allows licensing additional operators depending on market needs.

Cannabis will be taxed at 10 percent. An Ohio State University report estimates that legal marijuana will generate about $300 million a year in revenue for the state.

<snip>

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/0 ... s-00125991

worth1
Reactions:

Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 am

Texas and other states remain in the dark ages.
How much evidence do these people need?

What's that big emty building Pa?
Son that where they used to lock up marijuana smokers.
It's called a prison.
Worth

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:14 pm

Biden pardons marijuana use nationwide. Here's what that means

Francesca Chambers, USA TODAY
Updated Fri, December 22, 2023 at 10:37 AM PST
WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden announced Friday he's issuing a federal pardon to every American who has used marijuana in the past, including those who were never arrested or prosecuted.

The sweeping pardon applies to all U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents in possession of marijuana for their personal use and those convicted of similar federal crimes. It also forgives pot users in the District of Columbia. It does not apply to individuals who have been jailed for selling the drug, which is illegal under federal law, or other marijuana offenses such as driving under the influence of an illegal substance.

The implication of Biden's pardon promises to have significant implications, as criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. However, the pardons do not apply to people who violated state law, and anyone who wants to receive proof of a pardon will have to apply through the Department of Justice.

<snip>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-pardon ... 57989.html

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:01 am

Biden poised to loosen restrictions on marijuana, but some say it’s not enough
Legalization advocates say reclassifying drug to schedule III from schedule I doesn’t resolve state and federal law conflicts

Chris Stein in Washington
Tue 26 Dec 2023 13.00 EST
The US government appears poised to announce next year the most sweeping changes in decades to how it handles marijuana, the psychoactive drug dozens of states allow to be sold from storefronts, but which federal law considers among the most dangerous substances.

Evidence suggests that Joe Biden’s administration, responding to a policy the president announced last year, is working on moving marijuana to schedule III of the Controlled Substance Act (CSA), a change from its current listing on the maximally restrictive schedule I. That would lessen the tax burden on businesses selling the drug in states where it is legal, and potentially change how police agencies view enforcement of marijuana laws.

“If it’s going to be finalized at schedule III, it’s going to be the moment that the industry really is able to turn the corner and we begin to see the growth in the cannabis space amongst the legal operators that we’ve been waiting on for so long,” said David Culver, senior vice-president of public affairs for the US Cannabis Council, a trade group.

<snip>

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ral-illega

worth1
Reactions:

Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:25 am

This showed up on my freed.
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/feds-re ... dical-use/
Why are we letting the DEA make these decisions.
They are here to enforce the law not make the law.
At class 1 marijuana has no medical use whatsoever.
At class one it's almost impossible to do any research on it on a federal level.
Worth

Return to “Growing Fiber Crops”