Finding Posts: Active Topics

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Finding Posts: Active Topics

Sat May 11, 2024 8:33 pm

I sometimes have trouble revisiting a post that's of interest. I always use New Posts when I enter the forum. Posts disappear quickly in New Posts. If I fail to bookmark a post of interest sometimes I can't find it.

I have been navigating this forum for four years. It's hard to believe it has taken me this long to figure this out. I have noted Active Topics but assumed it was for hot topics.
active.png
Active Topics isn't hot topics. Active Topics is all recent posts. New posts are at the top because the list is date sorted. So with Active Topics I get new posts at the top followed with a list of all the other recent posts. The default is seven days of posts which is good most of the time. However there is an option for up to forty pages of recent posts. Using this method I can page back and find a post I am looking for.
active_1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bower
Reactions:

Re: Finding Posts: Active Topics

Sun May 12, 2024 7:07 am

Odd that the menu for length of time is at the bottom left corner. But there it is!
Advanced search at the top left also allows you to reverse the order, so if looking for a post from a year ago, you can have it start at the end of the list and scroll backwards in time.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sun May 12, 2024 12:30 pm

zeuspaul wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:33 pm Active Topics isn't hot topics. Active Topics is all recent posts.
Except Controversial Discussions even if logged in and maybe some others?

ddsack
Reactions:

Sun May 12, 2024 2:48 pm

I started using Active Topics in preference to New Posts quite a while ago. Sometimes there may be long lags between me checking into the forum, and the recent posts I have interest in have already dropped off the new page, as zeuspaul mentioned above in his post. If I check in a couple times a day, New Posts is fine, but if it's been more than a full day or two, Active Topics is better for me.

Return to “Suggestions, Support & Tutorials”