Reactions:

Re: Svalli gardening 63° N

Tue May 21, 2024 11:40 am

Everything looks great..

svalli
Reactions:

Mon May 27, 2024 1:32 am

Potatoes and onion sets are now in the ground. It got a bit too warm yesterday to do heavy work, but we can get to our garden in the countryside only during weekends, so we cannot choose the weather. Summer has been definitely switched on and whole coming week will be warmer than normal with highs in the forecast being above 25°C.

I planted six different varieties of onions and twelve varieties of potatoes. Quantities were smaller than previous years, because I decided to pay attention to quality and varieties and not the quantity.

I have two Finnish heirloom potato onion varieties and then I ordered online Birnenförmige, Corrado and Crusado sets and bought Red Baron and Sturon from a local garden center. Onions grown last year did not store well, so now I selected varieties which are better suited for storage. There is still room on the onion row, so I may buy leek seedlings, since I did not grow those myself this year.

Potato varieties grown this year are Alexandra, Amandine, Annabelle, Cherie, Heiderot, Juliet, La Ratte, Mayan Gold, Mozart, Pocahontas, Red Emmalie and Sarpo Mira. All others were from my crop grown last year except Alexandra and Juliet are new varieties to me.

Garlic is growing fine, but unfortunately I did not have time to check the rows of how many did not come up.
Potatoes and onions planted 20240526.jpg
This year I have wider paths between rows and those need still be covered with some type of mulch or the landscape fabric to prevent weeds from growing. DH was cutting seasoned birch logs for firewood, so I spread some of the sawdust on one of the paths.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream."
- Moomin-troll by Tove Jansson

svalli
Reactions:

Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:15 am

We are getting quite early tomatoes from the plants, which were flowering already indoors.

Today we ate the first ripe Umamini. Had to cut it in half and share it with my hubby. It had really big flavor in such small tomato.

"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream."
- Moomin-troll by Tove Jansson

Return to “Grow Logs(Glogs) And Video Logs(Vlogs)”