A Great Time For Squash

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
Setec Astronomy
Reactions:

Re: A Great Time For Squash

Sun May 29, 2022 10:31 am

Cornelius_Gotchberg wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:10 am Trouble? Why? I "trellis" mine because otherwise they'd be way over into the neighbors yard; plus I don't like the fruit within reach of most critters or sitting on moist ground and rotting.
I just think my 16" pot and tomato cone aren't up to the task of a huge sprawling squash plant. I think the last (only) time I grew squash the plants got horribly blighted and didn't reach their "potential".
Cornelius_Gotchberg wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:10 amI'm quite fond of their Tomato Cages and Tomato Ladders, of which we're now...um...well-supplied. Pricey? Yeah, but they're built to last and you's only apologize for the price once, am I right?
Their square folding cages are quite good, but I've switched over to Texas Tomato Cages which can go taller and are a bit more roomy. The stacking ladders I didn't like because unlike the cages the "cups" are right-side up and most of the ones I had rusted together in one season...maybe I should have greased them before putting them together. Ladders didn't really work for me in my pots, anyway. I am using 2 of the 1-piece ladders in a garden bed this year, we'll see how that works out.

I could go on but too much thread-jacking already.

Cornelius_Gotchberg
Reactions:

Re: A Great Time For Squash

Mon May 30, 2022 10:24 am

How To Build A Trellis from local garden blogger creativevegetablegardener:

https://www.creativevegetablegardener.c ... l-trellis/

The Gotch
Madison WESconsin/Growing Zone 5-A/Raised beds above the Midvale Heights spade-caking clay in the 77 Square Miles surrounded by A Sea Of Reality

Return to “The Gallery”