Hello everyone!

Tell us about yourself!
Rockporter
Reactions:
Location: South Texas Coastal Bend Zone 9a with high winds and heat and humidity to boot!

Re: Hello everyone!

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:05 am

:D Thanks everyone, so many names I remember are welcoming me and I am blessed with the new names too. I appreciate the very warm welcome y'all.
In the spring at the end of the day you should smell like dirt.
~Margaret Atwood~

Still my favorite quote! :lol: :P :D :)

Rockporter
Reactions:
Location: South Texas Coastal Bend Zone 9a with high winds and heat and humidity to boot!

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:07 am

Bower wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:44 am Nice to see you here Rockporter. :) Glad to hear you're rebuilding the garden after that awful disaster. Here's hoping you have a great season with some wonderful tomatoes.
Thanks Bower, it was something that really set me back out there and I guess I just felt so defeated in the garden that I just let it go and didn't bother with it until I felt it was time last spring to do something out there again.
~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter
Reactions:

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:09 am

Whwoz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:06 am
Rockporter wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:16 am
Whwoz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 am Welcome to the junction from Down Under @Rockporter
Thanks so much, I'll bet you battle the heat over there.
We are in one of the cooler areas of Oz @Rockporter, although the south east does get the occasional hot spell (We are about 1.5 hrs travel east of Melbourne). The last few years with La Nina have been wet and cool, with very few days above 35C/95F. If the way things are starting to shape for next summer, with the possibility of an El Nino summer increasing, things will be different.
That is great to hear, I thought all of OZ was a strong dry heat, it is good to know it isn't.
~Margaret Atwood~

Whwoz
Reactions:

Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:48 am

Rockporter wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:09 am
Whwoz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 am Welcome to the junction from Down Under @Rockporter
We are in one of the cooler areas of Oz @Rockporter, although the south east does get the occasional hot spell (We are about 1.5 hrs travel east of Melbourne). The last few years with La Nina have been wet and cool, with very few days above 35C/95F. If the way things are starting to shape for next summer, with the possibility of an El Nino summer increasing, things will be different.
That is great to hear, I thought all of OZ was a strong dry heat, it is good to know it isn't.
The South east and up the east coast, between the coast and Great Dividing Range are relatively mild, as is the coast south of Perth in WA. Tasmania is typically cool to cold as one would expect from its location, but can warm up in a hot year. Across the Top End is full tropical, wet/dry season with monsoons etc. Inland of that it can be very hot, Marble Bar in the north west of WA holds the record for days above 40C/104F - in excess of 180days/6 months. Areas of the inland (referred to here as "The Outback" have been known to top 50C/122F.

Rockporter
Reactions:

Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:36 pm

Whwoz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:48 am
The South east and up the east coast, between the coast and Great Dividing Range are relatively mild, as is the coast south of Perth in WA. Tasmania is typically cool to cold as one would expect from its location, but can warm up in a hot year. Across the Top End is full tropical, wet/dry season with monsoons etc. Inland of that it can be very hot, Marble Bar in the north west of WA holds the record for days above 40C/104F - in excess of 180days/6 months. Areas of the inland (referred to here as "The Outback" have been known to top 50C/122F.
Wow, you have much better diversity in weather than I ever thought you would Maybe because the movies are just about the dry outback areas, lol.
~Margaret Atwood~

Whwoz
Reactions:

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:08 pm

Rockporter wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:36 pm
Whwoz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:48 am
Wow, you have much better diversity in weather than I ever thought you would Maybe because the movies are just about the dry outback areas, lol.
We see a similar weather bias from some areas of the USA here. Reading the weather thread on here has been an eye opener for me in regards to your weather, although when one looks closely and allows for latitude differences there are some similarities in the basic patterns

Tormato
Reactions:

Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:09 pm

peebee wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:39 pm Welcome Rockporter,I remember you! You'll like it here, no drama or meltdowns 🙂
Welcome Rockporter!

There is no drama 'til I show up. Drama is posted over in JUST MUSIC. ;)

Return to “Introductions”