Dawn's Garden 2024

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Dawn's Garden 2024

Thu May 09, 2024 9:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. Shingles is no fun for anyone . I'm glad that you are now employed and on the mend.
~ Patti ~

Puffychicken
Reactions:

Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 pm

Oooh I'm interested to see how Zapotec does for you, it looks so unique
Utah 7b

PlainJane
Reactions:

Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am

Wow, some tough breaks lately @Dawn.
Hope your new job goes well.
“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Fri May 10, 2024 8:06 pm

Hang in there, @Dawn. Shingles is no fun as I learned when my mother had it in the days before th4e vaccine. You better believe I got mine as soon as I was eligible. Well, I did procrastinate a bit when I heard Medicare was going to cover the cost. :roll:

Anyone working 20 years somewhere deserves a time out before opening a new chapter in life! I'm glad you got a job that quickly.

Dawn
Reactions:

Wed May 22, 2024 11:33 pm

Just a small update, no photos. The new job was too much, to physical, hours sucked, schedule was nightmare, boss liked piling too much on my plate and telling me everything I did wrong, and berating me for being slow (I wasn't, I've got no problem working fast and efficiently, no person could do all that work in the time given). I started applying again and thankfully got a new option right away. I told my boss today that I had a new job starting next week, so I'd be out after this week. Yeah, I couldn't even give 2 weeks, even if the new job allowed it (it probably would, but I couldn't do it anymore). I actually only have Saturday left, and it should be an ok day, because bosses aren't there and I'll be working with my favorite coworkers. I really like them, I'll miss them, but I won't miss the job.

In the mean time, my garden has suffered. I can barely move when I get home, so yard work is not happening besides the bare minimum of keeping things alive. New job has better hours, and more consistent schedules, and is less physically demanding, so I should be back in gardening mode in no time.

Next gardening projects include 2 new fruit trees and a black currant to plant tomorrow. And a new reciprocating saw with pruning blade to take down a tree of heaven that got away from me and got too big for the loppers.
Dawn
Zone 6b/7a
Central Washington State (it's a desert here)

Return to “Grow Logs(Glogs) And Video Logs(Vlogs)”